Crd vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peter Lincoln

Reaction score
hi iv had a jeep cherokee crd a few years with no real problems. But today when I was driving and I pushed the accelerater hard I got a vibration sort of sound which seems to come from behind the right side of the dash.but if I accelerate slowly it doesn't make the sound and also doesn't make the sound whe out of gear and the accelerater is pushed. Hope this makes sense and be very grateful for any help..

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Check your front driveshaft for extra play due to wear. Could also be the motor mount. They can look fine and have loose parts rattling around inside.

Peter Lincoln

Reaction score
Check your front driveshaft for extra play due to wear. Could also be the motor mount. They can look fine and have loose parts rattling around inside.
OK thanks. It was fine when I went out, stopped for an hour and then started to return home and the noise was there..I very really use 4 wheel drive maybe 6 months ago..OK thanks again for your help..

Peter Lincoln

Reaction score
OK thanks. It was fine when I went out, stopped for an hour and then started to return home and the noise was there..I very really use 4 wheel drive maybe 6 months ago..OK thanks again for your help..
Iv had it up in the air and can't find any thing in the engine mounts and rge the the front drive shaft are OK no real play but replaced an outer cv boot on the right had side front drive shaft.
Went for a drive and this noise when driving in gear still there .but not whan the gass pedal is pushed in neutral..real strange sound on the right hand side of the dash.hard to explain, sounds like a buzz like a fan catching .but the fan not on.and only when the accelerater is pushed firmly..any other ideas fellas ..

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duel mass flywheel would be my guess, do you get a squeak when you stop the engine or on tickover? Mine has been doing it for a while.