My CRD has got the runs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeVilliers

Reaction score
Hi Bill,

I'm also in South Africa.
I've use RockAuto.com many times for parts. They ship to SA. Check if they have what you are looking for.
Your other option is to get a forwarding mailbox like MyUS.com and ship your parts from any supplier there and the good guys a MyUS will DHL it to your door.

I've used them many, many times with my Pontiac restoration.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this stage I have poured Wynn's "Stop Leak" into the engine oil....claims to expand all rubber seals and stop leaks oil leaks!

Seems to be working well...I only have slight leaks at the moment which may improve with time! ;)

The difficulty with replacing the seals after procuring them would be finding a mechanic with knowhow here in the small town in which I live...I am too ancient to do such work myself nowadays! :(

Pgy

Reaction score
My 2002 Export 2.5L CRD keeps peeing oil out onto the ground....it definitely would appear to be a leaking Rear Crankshaft Oil Seal PN:05066756AA...this from the 2003 KJ documentation....this being a 2.8L I hope the PN is correct for my 2002 2.5 CRD!

A year ago I had the local Jeep Dealers replace the Cambelt, the Serpentine belt and every relevant Pully and Tensioner and all was well.

Now the Dealers state that they no longer support the KJs...no spares guaranteed and no Workshop availability at all!

So I need to find this Oil Seal in the USA but at this stage I cannot find a Site that will ship parts to South Africa and there are very few Breaker Yards nearby!

A European Supplier may be better as they did have the 2.5L Fixed Turbo CRD KJ available so I would be sure I am getting the correct part.

I would appreciate if anybody can direct me to a USA... or European.. supplier of CRD KJ parts that will ship to SA!

At the moment I have fitted a square plastic container underneath where the Clutch Bellhousing joins onto the rear end of the motor to catch the dripping oil drops.... helps but needs some improvements to be made before there are complaints from the Management of this Complex that I am living in!

Thanks Guys!
Hi! Did you find the seal? I found it locally if you still need it. Can ship it to you.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I decided that I needed to replace my Clutch, Flywheel and Crankshaft end seal or else I would have to scrap my beloved 2002 Baby!o_O

I was lucky to find a shop nearby that said they could source the parts...non Mopar.. and fit them for me!

Picked it up about a week ago and it is working great!:)

Now need to have all the shocks replaced and wheel alignment done and my Jeepy will be as good as new!:D

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I decided that I needed to replace my Clutch, Flywheel and Crankshaft end seal or else I would have to scrap my beloved 2002 Baby!o_O

I was lucky to find a shop nearby that said they could source the parts...non Mopar.. and fit them for me!

Picked it up about a week ago and it is working great!:)

Now need to have all the shocks replaced and wheel alignment done and my Jeepy will be as good as new!:D
That's brilliant Bill