CRD boost diagnostic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are overboosting, as you say possible an actuator problem or an issue with the new turbo or MAP.
Have you cleaned the MAP sensor?
I don’t get it being over boost. Everything indicates that it’s running rich, and most of my issues started after I installed the lift pump in the fuel tank which raises the fuel pressure.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect your MAP is faulty, it's the only thing that controls fueling on the CRD.
The lift pump shouldn't have any affect on rail pressure, it's only supplying a few PSI to the high pressure pump inlet, the pump is internally regulated on the supply side and rail pressure is controlled by the ecu, you will see the pressure sensor in the fuel rail.
I was wondering about overboosting because of your bulging hoses, what happens if you pull the hose off the turbo actuator solenoid with the engine running? The arm on the turbo should move when the vacuum is disconnected.

Last edited:

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll check that next. Also just thought that if only one hose bulges it might be the intercooler, if both than probably not

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the make, are they decent hoses? It may just be a lack of reinforcement making them a bit spongy.

Members online

No members online now.