'04 Windows Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z00KA

Reaction score
A year ago heard a fairly loud "pop" in the driver side front door and then noticed that the window would not roll down, and a cable squeezes out between the window and door panel. Took the panel off and noticed that the "white tube" that contains the window screw cable, cracked and allows the cable to push out rather than control the window. Just the other day, my passenger side front did the same thing!

This has to be a problem that many Liberty owners have experienced. Is Jeep standing behind this (recall) and if not, how to fix?

Thanks,

Joe

Neal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone else has ever had that problem

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A year ago heard a fairly loud "pop" in the driver side front door and then noticed that the window would not roll down, and a cable squeezes out between the window and door panel. Took the panel off and noticed that the "white tube" that contains the window screw cable, cracked and allows the cable to push out rather than control the window. Just the other day, my passenger side front did the same thing!

This has to be a problem that many Liberty owners have experienced. Is Jeep standing behind this (recall) and if not, how to fix?

Thanks,

Joe
What your window regulators did is not the "common" KJ window regulator issue which is the lift plate breaking.No recall and not covered by the new TSB/extended warranty for window regulators(for '06-'07 KJ's anyway).Time for 2 new window regulators.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.