04 Liberty Premium Sound Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPizzle

Reaction score
I want some help from you guys & girls. I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited with the premium sound system in it. I would like to buy a new audio system for it.

I want to buy the Pioneer DEH-P5900IB--Headunit
and a set of component speakers, and a set of speakers for the rear. I might also have to buy an amp to make it sound good also. I would also buy a PAC-Audio SWI-PS to keep my factory steering wheel mounted controls. I will also have to buy a dash kit, & wiring harness (but if I buy from crutchfield, then it comes with the deck, hopefully...)

So... Let me know which speakers (component & rear door) you guys/girls think would be the best. Also what amp you would suggest too.
Would I need anything else to get this job done?: wires, connectors, anything else?

Thanks alot guys/girls!!!

JPizzle

Reaction score
I also only plan on spending somewhere from 400-500 on the whole thing.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey JPizzle,
The steps I would take in doing this is, buy the Head Unit first, and hook it up with stock sound system. It is pretty simple installation, yes crutchfield does give you everything you need with the HU, so no worries with that. After 30 minute installation, pairing harness, you can see how it sounds. I had much better sound once I replace the head unit to Kenwood, since I could adjust EQ to anything I like, you may just like how it sounds with the new HU. Then If you are not satisfied, you can buy the components. In this step do the same, just buy components and use HU's AMP. It just may be powerful enough to give you a great sound. It depends on your speakers setup. Once you get components for the front, and matching speakers for rear, you can just hook them up to the HU directly (cannot use stock wiring).
Now the last step, if you are still not satisfied go back to crutchfield and buy set of amps, since they do not charge shipping, this way you can try everyway and see which one sounds best.

Good Luck.

JPizzle

Reaction score
Thank-you guys! I will do that. I'l let ya know how it turns out! + Rep for you guys!