07’ Liberty Premium sound issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schinde

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m new here and not familiar with the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep premium sound system with the amps on the front door speakers.

I just recently bought my sister’s 07’ Liberty Ltd, and the front speakers had cracks and pops. After a week it was really getting worse, so I just faded to the rears. Another week, and the left side no sound. Set balance/fade to center, no sound but cracks and pops out of left. Right side, rear speaker okay, front 2 working but with cracks and pops. Turn volume to “mute”, almost all speakers crack and pop. Left side started to play music again as I turned bass way down, but still annoying cracks and pops.

i will be replacing head unit and speakers eventually, but for the immediate problem, you think this is head unit, amps, or speakers? Which should I tackle first?

Thanks!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Sounds like a loose or corroded connector pin(s)...or perhaps a bad ground. Since it is both front speakers and not the rear, Id take a good look at where they are routed through the dash first, then ring out the grounds. (the wire on the pairs with the black line)

Also which OE deck does it have? look for the white letters in the lower left corner of the deck, most start with "K".

Schinde

Reaction score
Will do. It’s the “RBQ”, 6-disc in head unit CD changer. You think bad ground to the head unit? The right rear is the ONLY speaker that doesn’t seem to have an issue.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Will do. It’s the “RBQ”, 6-disc in head unit CD changer. You think bad ground to the head unit? The right rear is the ONLY speaker that doesn’t seem to have an issue.
Ahh yeah...sorry long day...the K is on the other end on the other models...
Anyway, if it is 3 of the four, I'd take a hard look at the connector. Bet it is a bit corroded or other wise loose. With the battery disconnected, you can clean them a bit with electrical contact cleaner. Just be sure to let everything dry completely before applying power.

Here's the Factory Service manual which has the schematics for your system. This will help you bird dog the fault!
https://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2006-KJ-SM.pdf