'03 2.4L manual transmission leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonhommechristopher

Reaction score
I was changing my oil the other day and noticed that transmission lubricant was smeared on the rear end of my transmission near the connection with the driveshaft. The leak is not at the driveshaft coupling though, it is at the base of the shifter tower. It doesn't leak when I'm sitting still, only when the motor is running so I haven't noticed it until now. I haven't checked the fluid level yet, but I'm sure it's low. How hard would it be to remove the center console and take a look at the tower. I have a hanes manual so I could get that far without help. Does anyone have experience with this kind of leak? I would much rather replace the seal myself than have to take it to a shop. Thanks!

bonhommechristopher

Reaction score
Update: I took out the center console and the leak is where I thought it was. The seal at the base of the shifter tower is worn out. I shouldn't have any problem fixing it myself but I'd have to get a part and I don't know how rare they are. Let me know where I can start looking.
You must be registered for see images