02Liberty sport rearlatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shelbyrae

Reaction score
I've had my 2002 Jeep Liberty sport for about 5 years now and since this last winter I have been having problems keeping the rear window shut. It'd take a few tries to get it closed and even then I'd be able to pry it open with my finger nails.
I replaced the lift support struts (not because of it not locking but just because the old ones were useless) and everything was fine for about a week and now the window won't close at all.
The latch locks and opens when I open the swinging door but the hook on the window doesn't match up with it. Like the latch is too far back and it won't catch.
Any ideas on how I can fix this?

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you open the swing gate do you hear the pop to release the window? Or do you pull the swing gate so far that the glass just unhooks from the swing gate? If it is the later there are a couple of good threads on hear about how to fix the problem. It is a bad electrical connection if it is the later.

Shelbyrae

Reaction score
I hear the pop when I pull the handle. The latch locks and moves up and down. To me it just seems like the hook on the window just isn't catching but I can't get my head in there to really see what's going on

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take off the rear cover and unbolt the mechanism and push it forward. Easy to do. I believe it's a 10 mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online