"WesWay" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
***EDIT & UPDATE***:
The strut top plates and upper rear coil isolators can be purchased from JeepinByAl.com, Marlin is a great friend to the independent front suspension jeep society and is doing great things to ensure Libertys and other IFS Jeeps remain on and off the road for years to come!

About the WesWay Lift:
The WesWay Lift is a combination lift made up of different brand and manufactures parts. Like the very popular "Frankenlift" I came up with the idea to use a few different parts made by different people and companies to create an affordable, practical, and safe lift. This lift strongly applies for KJ owners who want a lift to provide a better stance but don't want to jeopardize they're stock suspensions lifetime with a spacer lift and aren't able to spend the large amount of money on the Frankenlift or OME/Rancho(or Bilstein, or OME, or Ironman, etc.) setups. Some of you may be wondering well how does a spacer lift from Daystar, for example, jeopardize my stock suspensions liftetime. Well the spacers cause the coil spring to compress more than it regularly does in a stock setup, causing more tension and pressure on the spring. Resulting in break down of the springs integrity and causing them to sag or easier put wear out. The WesWay lift does not cause these problems because it consists of 4 Mopar Rear Coil Spring Isolators, 2 3/8" Front Strut Shims by Boiler, and The Clevis Lift. The lift is achieved by placing 2 of the isolators above each of the rear coil springs gaining an inch of lift in the rear. Then placing Boiler's shims above the strut mounts to the frame/body and performing a clevis lift will also achieve an inch of lift in the front giving your KJ a level and risen stance. Now, given it is not close to the Frankenlift or OME/Rancho setups but an inch is a noticeable lift amount. This kit can be purchased for just over $100, the isolators from Chrysler Parts Direct.com are $50-60 after shipping and Boilers 3/8" shims are $48 shipped to your front door. Some of you may be wondering well how much does the clevis lift cost but it is actually just an adjustment you can do to your stock or aftermarket suspension to gain a little height, so it is free. The WesWay Lift is a great choice is you're looking into the Frankenlift or OME/Rancho setups but can't afford them right away because it can addapt to your upgraded suspension increasing the from 2.5" to close to 3.5". So don't look at this kit as a option you buy install then upgrade and have to remove, this thing is fully adaptive to the Frankenlift or OME/Rancho setups. However, Frankenlift uses Daystar top plates above there struts which are not compatible with Boiler's 3/8" shim but he also produces a 1/4" shim that will work fine, it is actually only $40 instead. The 1/4" shim will reduce your lift a small amount but performs the same purpose. The 3/8" shim produces .625" of lift and the 1/4" shim produces barely under .500" of lift. When I established this idea I decided to call it the WesWay Lift because my name is Weston and its my way so I made it WesWay for short. If you have any questions feel free to PM or E-Mail me at anytime.

WesWay Lift Contents:

3/8" or 10mm Clevis Lift - Free
Boilers 3/8" Front Strut Shims - $48 Shipped
4 Mopar Rear Coil Spring Isolators - $50-60 Shipped
My Isolators, shipped, came to a total of $52.37 + $48.00 for the shims I came out at $100.37, which I don't find expensive at all compared to the OME/Rancho setups.

HOW TO: Purchase & Install a WesWay Lift

After Photo

You must be registered for see images attach

Current Members Sporting the WesWay Lift:
blue_kjR417
richar43
Jo6pack
first&lastKJ

If you would like to be included in this list and are not please PM me and let me know!

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something i would definitely be interested in!
Once I'm settled in the new job with some income i want to do the isolators and clevis, this is first hearing of boilers spacers but they look pretty nice and for just under $100 that not bad :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds close to what I did, but I went the spacer route -

Front - Rusty's 3/4" spacer - netted me a little over 1.5" lift initially (installed with 5k on the odo). With 45k on the odo now, I'd say it's sagged .5"-.75". No clevis/top plate. Cost me $23.

Rear - stock with 2 extra upper isolators on each side...1" lift. Cost about $54.

I like your method better because the coilover doesn't need to be broken down, plus I think it's less stress on the front springs.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Nice! And you can use all that stuff with your OME's later.

Thanks! Yes I know thats another reason why its perfect!

This is something i would definitely be interested in!
Once I'm settled in the new job with some income i want to do the isolators and clevis, this is first hearing of boilers spacers but they look pretty nice and for just under $100 that not bad :)

Great! I'm glad to see such positive feedback I was honestly expecting something like good luck with that lol but thanks everybody! Now that I see its going to be an generally accepted idea I would like to claim it lol! Sticky maybe? lol jk! not yet anyway I want to finish it then do an entire how to on it and then maybe a sticky haha but since the clevis lift wasn't my idea, and the isolators weren't, and boilers shims definitely weren't I'm just taking credit for the combination of them lol just to clerify.

Sounds close to what I did, but I went the spacer route -

Front - Rusty's 3/4" spacer - netted me a little over 1.5" lift initially (installed with 5k on the odo). With 45k on the odo now, I'd say it's sagged .5"-.75". No clevis/top plate. Cost me $23.

Rear - stock with 2 extra upper isolators on each side...1" lift. Cost about $54.

I like your method better because the coilover doesn't need to be broken down, plus I think it's less stress on the front springs.

Thats exactly what I was looking for something that wasn't going to put a bind on my stock suspension but give me a little bit of lift and actually prepare me for a OME/Rancho Lift!

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
so can i do the clevis lift front and rear? or just front

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
ok well im ducking with mine now and cant get the damn thing to move an inch

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
RRO and Rustys have the top plate as well
plus I made some for FREE!!! so that's even cheaper than 48 bucks or whatever it is
People have been doing this since 02 so not the first

but it works;)

Make sure you include an alignment afterward's as well

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
well i want to go ahead and do my front so what do i need to do bc i cant get mine to budge

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
ok well im ducking with mine now and cant get the damn thing to move an inch

I had the same problem. What I did was take the stock sisscor jack out of my jeep and place it between the bumpstop and the indention in the UCA and slowly jacked it up. It will lower the clevis as long as the bolt is loose/out then when you get it where you want tighten it back up and remove the jack. I tend to use jacks for this type of thing as you can see in my How To pics lol.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
plus I made some for FREE!!! so that's even cheaper than 48 bucks or whatever it is

but it works;)

Really? I new the top plate/shims are very popular but wasn't sure if anyone had done the same combination, but I guess claiming the combination is kinda like the Frankenlift, other people do the basic exact same lift with just OME Coils and Ranchos maybe with minor differences lol but its not like I'm copy wrighting it just like to think I came up with something cool :)

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Alright guys thanks to Tony this thread is now a sticky I'm going order my shims tomorrow and install them asap then do a how to write up and post tons of pics and fix up this sticky better! can't wait!

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

but it works;)

Really? I new the top plate/shims are very popular but wasn't sure if anyone had done the same combination, but I guess claiming the combination is kinda like the Frankenlift, other people do the basic exact same lift with just OME Coils and Ranchos maybe with minor differences lol but its not like I'm copy wrighting it just like to think I came up with something cool :)

Just stroke mudds ego,you have a good line of thought,and it is cool.

Selwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
55mm studs(just a sample)

28mm spacer

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are about the same size as the Rocky Roads that caused so much trouble. Blew struts right and left

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
55mm studs(just a sample)

28mm spacer

wow 28mm is just a little over an inch. Thats a huge spacer for this area compared to the .375 or 3/8" shims I'm looking at. I can see where that could cause problems like tom said.

Latest posts

Members online