Any Interest In The Mogollon Rim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i am going up to the rim tomorrow, take some pics, find some side trails...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i am going up to the rim tomorrow, take some pics, find some side trails...
Carefull on the side trails if you are going solo. They are not that frequently traveled, especially during the week....

AZ07KJLimited

Reaction score
Darn! One of us is having minor surgery on the 7th. We've only had our Jeep for a week today and would like to have met others and got some experience. Need to get different tires anyway. Maybe next time!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you're free Sunday check this thread to see where we might be heading. There is also a trip planned down south the following weekend. Or if you can make it in October, the LOST group is having our 2nd annual 'Trick or Jeep' run - this year we're doing the back way to Crown King with camping at Lake Pleasant and a chili social that night. The AZ group is pretty active, and will get more so as the weather cools off :D

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn! One of us is having minor surgery on the 7th. We've only had our Jeep for a week today and would like to have met others and got some experience. Need to get different tires anyway. Maybe next time!

We are doing a buncha runs now ovr the next few weeks, so if you cant make this one, there are several more.... er ah.... ^^^^ what he said... =D

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rim road scouting

not many pics of road its self it is rocky and made for passenger cars but here are some pics of side roads i found
You must be registered for see images

Some Scenery:

i have more but dont want to take away from the anticipation of the actual trip!!:D

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. How cool was it?

i guestimate 75 degrees. nice and sunny windows down all the way.
we hit the trail about 9 ish and it was like 11:30 at the end and of course after loosing elevation it was hot out (but hey that is what i have a/c for)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to go now. 75 degrees is absolutely perfect. What trail did you run? That's not FR300 I can tell.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran fr300 from hwy 87 north of where 260 branches off to the west all the way to 260 east of payson the mad rock trail i found was a side journey past and to campsites off the main trail. it was much meaner than the pic makes it look, i attacked it on the way up in 4wd and got 1/4 the way up and would not go further with out 4lo so i made it up, went through the puddle around the corner and turned around to go back down and paused for the pic before decending. i had a blast there is plenty side roads to go on when you get tired of the graded road, but the weather and scenery was well worth the trip. just makes me more excited to go again soon :)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked the weather and next Saturday it is supposed to be 74 degrees with isolated thunderstorms (monsoons) all day. Very nice. :)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, cool and some rain is good. When we were up in Colorado this past July, it rained almost every afternoon... and you know, it was a nice change of pace.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going under the knife tomorrow to get my wisdom teeth removed (I'm too old for this s**t!), so I don't know what kind of shape I am going to be in by the weekend. Wife is working nights this week, so if I do make it I will probably be alone.

Russ

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope you have a speedy recovery! I was not so lucky when i had mine out, but some are better in a few days... either way good luck. I have all 4 of mine removed whole and in a box somewhere... =D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ... been there and done that. Not all that big of a deal. Did you ask for the little "blue" pill? If you did, you won't even remember the procedure.

We'll be thinking of you.

AJ and Beth