Any Interest In The Mogollon Rim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firm it up. I'll put in for the time away. Momma has already given me the okay to split for a Rally in N.M., but I'll do a 4X run instead. Let's get a solid date in here soon. I'm as ready as I can be for now. Rip and tear!

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firm it up. I'll put in for the time away. Momma has already given me the okay to split for a Rally in N.M., but I'll do a 4X run instead. Let's get a solid date in here soon. I'm as ready as I can be for now. Rip and tear!
Planned on going to the Bavarian Mountain rally up by Taos? I never did make that one, but I did get to the nationals in Fredericksburg and Missoula. Man I miss my R850R :(

Anyway, back on topic. Looks like he is shooting for the 8th on this one. Hope ya'll get a good turnout and have lots of fun, I'll be waiting for pictures :)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think ill be in town for this one so ye ha! im in!!!

o8k

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one, Corwyyn. Can't tell you how many rallies we have attended. Lost count. Local club puts one on every year in Heber. Momma had the R850R. It was a GREAT ride. We both miss it. If this pans-out, I may do the Rally AND Payson.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you can't make it Pearl....

I'm really looking forward to this. Due to the fact that I pass Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops on an almost daily basis, I have been extremely tempted to buy a Cobra CB beforehand, but I'm still fighting....

jimj

Reaction score
I would like to join in on this trip. I am all stock with factory skids. I am in central Phoenix so if I could hook up with someone on the west side that would be great.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jimj, I sent you a PM.

Okay, here's the updated roster so far, correct me if I'm wrong...
-me (desertkj)
-azkj (w/ co-pilot)
-M&P40
-o8k
-rkeegstra
-azmotoman (tentative)
-jimj

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jimj, I sent you a PM.

Okay, here's the updated roster so far, correct me if I'm wrong...
-me (desertkj)
-azkj
-M&P40
-o8k
-rkeegstra
-azmotoman (tentative)
-jimj

Beth just said if you don't add her to the list, I'm grounded....

AZKJ w/co-pilot

;) ;) ;)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some Pre-RUN pictures of the trail they can post so i can goggle them and get all excited?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj...

...you mentioned something about doubling back from Clint Well and that got me to thinking (a bad thing to do).

What route do you plan to take?

The entire General Crook Trail (FR 300) west to east and doing some of the short side trails along the way?

The Rim Road Loop, which includes Hwy 87 going past Clint Well > FR 95 > FR 96 > FR 321 > part of FR 300 > Hwy 87 back to Payson?

It doesn't matter to Beth and I which way we go. The mileages and times I gave you before were for doing only the General Crook Trail (FR 300) and some side trails, going in on the west side off Hwy 87 and coming out on the east end at Hwy 260 and back to Payson.

Let us know, I'd like to program whichever one we do into my GPS. Sorry for any confusion....

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on the General Crook Trail (FR 300), although I was not really aware of the Rim Road and the link is not working. If anyone is particularly biased towards one or the other, I just want to get into some cooler temps in the Jeep.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on the General Crook Trail (FR 300), although I was not really aware of the Rim Road and the link is not working. If anyone is particularly biased towards one or the other, I just want to get into some cooler temps in the Jeep.
Try the links again. I was editing the post and you may have clicked on it at that time.

Your choice of trails. FR 300 would give us more time in the dirt and time to explore some side trails....

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am going to post this in the first post as well, but here is the itinerary:

7:00 am- Highway 87 & The Bush Highway for Phoenix guys who want to convoy up to Payson.

As always, bring the Motorolas and food for the day, although hopefully we can get a post-trail dinner like last time.

8:30 am-SE Corner of Highway 87 & E. Bonita St. in Payson

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan!!! We'll be at the Bush Highway at 0700. And yeh, dinner after is a great a idea.... \\:D/ (partysmile) \\:D/

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Azmotoman is a positive. Will be solo. No navigator or spotter. You guys better keep me outta' trouble up there! Coach, my momma says, m-my momma says, m-m-momma says...

Members online