September 8th Arizona Mogollon Jeep Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, most of the Arizona JKJ guys ran the Mogollon Rim in northern Arizona. It was a spectacular turnout with eight rigs and eleven people. The weather could not have been better also, with the temperature hanging around 70 degrees. We had me, Pablo (from LOST), o8k (and copilot with two puppies), azmotoman, corwyyn, azkj (and copilot), rkeegstra, and M&P40 turn out for this trip. Not too much excitement, but we just got to see some of the rim, saw a rolled XJ on the road (someone has pics), and got to see some light rain for a few seconds. Thanks to everyone for showing up.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on a great day. desertkj, thanks for putting this trip together.

Edit post above... o8k with co-pilot and two puppies.

Now, before anyone posts OR tries to say something different, just let me say... this 1KOOLKJ don't need no stinking 2.5" lift, Rubicon wheels or big M/T tires to play with the BIG kids. This is what a "STOCK" KJ is capable of.... it walked striaght up that tree trunk. NO RockStacker 2000 for me!!! :p :^o ;)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres a pic, more to come...

You must be registered for see images attach

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on a great day. desertkj, thanks for putting this trip together.

Edit post above... o8k with co-pilot and two puppies.

Now, before anyone posts OR tries to say something different, just let me say... this 1KOOLKJ don't need no stinking 2.5" lift, Rubicon wheels or big M/T tires to play with the big kids. This is what a "STOCK" KJ is capable of.... it walked striaght up that tree trunk. NO RockStacker 2000 for me!!! :p :^o ;)

in that picture, it looks like theres a big chunk missing from your rear tire

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like ya'll had some fun
The KJ's in my part of town would have no idea how much fun it is to wheel as a group because they have NEVER done it

I post rides on average 2 time a month now on 2 KJ board's and
still NO one shows
we stoped taking the KJ out on trails because we can take the TJ and run with the "big boys"

hopefuly one day the local guys will realize that it is fun and start showing up to ride

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey AJ, I fixed o8k's description for you LOL. And I know there are more pictures out there since mine basically sucked.....

J-Thompson, just come out here to AZ sometime and we'll get a run going for you.... :)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a wonderful time! my friend came along with her two dogs, and made the trip much extra fun. the rim was a sight to behold, i needed a good getaway and this was it. it was nice and cool with a breeze, the quiet mountains, with just a gental whirring of the wind climbing up from below and the patchy clouds above made a kalidascope of light and shadows dancing on the valley below us. made for som great photos. ah hem speaking of....

fellas, post yo shtuff i wanna see, and someone post the mud shots too (we played in a mud puddle be we started the trip)

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still More Pix

A good turnout and a good time, even if I had to drive all the way from Tucson to get there (but I'll get you Phoenix people next week in the Chiricahuas, HA!:D )

So, pictures.

o8k was the guinea pig for the mud puddle, we weren't sure what kind of crap was going to be in there:

azmotoman heads into the mud:

Corwyyn wins dirty Jeep award:

But you know, I'm more of a landscape photographer than a Jeep photographer, so here is some of the scenery from on top of the Mogollon Rim.

I saw this vista and told everyone that I was going to be just a second, stopped, ran to the edge and got this, with the dead tree, and the smoke, and the layered mountains...

Thanks all!

Russ

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i sure had some fun. i am going to get a new camera so i can contribute to the pic section. thanks again for having me and i will see yall next weekend.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome pictures. Did anyone happen to get one of the XJ? I forgot to mention that I passed it on the wrecker on my way down 87. That's a pretty freaky highway to run solo at night btw.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More pics!?!?!?!
Gang's all here, Liberty parking ONLY, First time out, Reflecting, Point Clear

Attachments

• 2starteng.jpg
    2starteng.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 5kjpark.jpg
    5kjpark.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 9firsttime.jpg
    9firsttime.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 10reflect.jpg
    10reflect.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 7pointview.jpg
    7pointview.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a great time, too. Of course, the folks that went along know this already. I let them know on the radio. I always enjoyed 4 wheelin', but rarely have I gotten the chance to do so in such comfort. It was a nice change. Libby came back without a scratch and no repairs needed. That's always a good thing.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are my pictures from the run:

How the day started for me
(look close and you can see Venus in the lower right)

Casey going thru the mud

Casey coming back thru the mud

Russ playing in the mud

Yes, we found mud :D

Dirty Jeeps

One of the natives admiring Marks antenna tie-down

AJ and the stump from the other side

Flexing on the stump

Waiting for Russ to get his pictures
(the rim is about 150ft that way -->)

Dakota

Jazzie

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, WOW what a great time! azmotoman, great group photo, we dont do those enough. Kevin, love the photos, tnks for takin shots of the dogs, hate to say but at the moment "other dog's" name eludes me at the moment too.... we shall correct this at some point soon And now for some much overdue congratulating.....

I would like to OFFICIALY award:

AJ the steepest hill parking
Kevin for muddiest jeep
Azmotoman for smallest pictures ever posted! :D
Shawn for putting this thing together and giving a great first time in the lead
Russ for toughing it out chipmunk style, and the "no elk left behind" program comment
Beth for supplying AJ with that great stock jeep to drive around in w/ the big kids! :D

and EVERYONE for showing up for a great day of fun on the kitty slopes of 4wheel land and just enjoying nature and good company. bbq season is soon upon us and so is a raffle w/ prizes trip ive been promising (shameless plug).... stay tuned...

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great time ,cool pics ,i wish we had meets like this in the UK , I'm up for adoption ,i like the look of Arizona ,i dont eat much, i work hard ,I hate the Uk. Or will i have to wait 200 million years until the continental plates push us back together to a distant time when we were known as pangea.

Last edited: