AZ October Run...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another point: The tables we have are smallish 2' X 4'. They are used under a 10x10 awning for vending. If we need larger than these, you might want to enlist another source.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another point: The tables we have are smallish 2' X 4'. They are used under a 10x10 awning for vending. If we need larger than these, you might want to enlist another source.
They should work fine, thanks. Any overflow we can operate out of the backend of the Liberty....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright. I am trying to be in the canyon by 8 am tomorrow, so if anyone is at the spot we are trying to reserve, then they are camping overnight and probably there already. Btw, I just looked at the pictures that AZKJ posted in the first page and I have never seen that much water in Box Canyon myself (knock on wood).

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright. I am trying to be in the canyon by 8 am tomorrow, so if anyone is at the spot we are trying to reserve, then they are camping overnight and probably there already. Btw, I just looked at the pictures that AZKJ posted in the first page and I have never seen that much water in Box Canyon myself (knock on wood).
So we'll meet you at the camping spot and not the riverbed right? See you around 9:00 give or take.

Yeah, a few years ago we had that wet winter when the Salt River flooded... those pics were taken in March after the rains had stopped a month or so before. We got into the canyon and had to turn around it was so high....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we'll meet you at the camping spot and not the riverbed right? See you around 9:00 give or take.

Yeah, a few years ago we had that wet winter when the Salt River flooded... those pics were taken in March after the rains had stopped a month or so before. We got into the canyon and had to turn around it was so high....

Yeah. The camping spot. Is the one on the northern part of the main canyon that is setback and surrounded by trees, right? You will either see or hear us down there as well. We have two Polaris utility ATVs.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we're talking about the same place. Once you pull under the trees, there is a big open shaded spot and a tight little canyon where I got stuck last week.

Here is a pic of the area.....

You must be registered for see images attach

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a port-a-grill? I cant find mine in the boxes of mess here at the house? If i dont hear back from anyone by the end of the day, ill be buying one so as to be sure we have somthing to cook on =D

RAM50 (Glen), two puppies, and a couple of friends from work sould be coming along too. Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow.

o8k

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we're talking about the same place. Once you pull under the trees, there is a big open shaded spot and a tight little canyon where I got stuck last week.

Here is a pic of the area.....

You must be registered for see images attach

Yep. That's it.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one of those little gas-fired grills, 'bout 10"x15" and uses the little bottles of coleman propane. If no one else offers up I'll bring it along.

Probably not going to be able to gring anything food-wise. Didn't get a chance to do anything before work and I'll wanna get to sleep early tonight. Maybe I'll hit fry's or something on the way and grab some cookies or something...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything we need to bring? I could stop by the grocery store either tonight or tomorrow morning in Wickenburg. Additionally, I think we should be able to stay longer than I expected. We got everything moved to the new place already, so that is not on the "to do" list anymore.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one of those little gas-fired grills, 'bout 10"x15" and uses the little bottles of coleman propane. If no one else offers up I'll bring it along.
We've got two grills coming, thanks anyway.

EDIT: Oppps, I didn't see the post above by o8k. I have a 10x15 charcoal grill that I'm bringing. Another grill is almost a must. I have plenty of charcoal and starter fluid, just need another grill. Anyone... HELP!!!

Is there anything we need to bring? I could stop by the grocery store either tonight or tomorrow morning in Wickenburg.
I counted 15 people for this trip. The more food the better I always say. See the food list on page one. If you or your Mom have a favorite cookout food, bring it on....

RAM50 (Glen), two puppies, and a couple of friends from work sould be coming along too.
Added them to the list on page one (puppies have to bring their own food LOL)....

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for showing up for the run. I would have liked to stay longer, but the schedule today just did not allow it. I enjoyed getting to run the quads in one of my favorite areas, getting to hang out with everyone, and meeting Seth in the Wrangler from LOST. I will be posting the pictures I have shortly in the "post your pictures" section.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 Another fun day on the trail with a great bunch of people!!! Thanks for the turn out everyone. Hope to see all of you again soon....

Pictures are posted here

Last edited:

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all that attended and, especially, the folks that scouted this location! Food was plentiful, company abundant, and the location, just plain fun. Mostly, thanks for putting up with Molly. I had no idea she was capable of turning a table over in her excitement. We were lucky there was nothing on it that suffered damage or left us short on condiments. Everything was still intact. It still amazes me how much attitude a small dog can display. (notice, the bigger dogs seemed to handle it quite well, as would our Dobie)

It was another enjoyable KJ Country outing. A BIG "thank you" to all attending and responsible for the event. It is so nice to get away from it all.