air tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
The people with onboard air, where did you put your air tank?

thanks,
Bennett

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going through old messages, i posted this elsewhere. Where did you put your HO air compressor? I was thinking I'd put mine on the back left firewall, back left as in looking from the front end. I was just going to get a 1.5 gallon tank, just to help the compressor. I was thinking I'd run the hose from the engine to the rear cargo, that way, I could either run in from there, IE the house from the cargo, or if I want to add a larger tank, just connect it as I want it. PM me if you figured this out

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the right side on my rear shelf of course!(PS-it's a 10lbe PowerTank)
You must be registered for see images

That.. is awesome! Do you have any troubles with sagging in the rear? Ive got some air bags on the rear of my Jeep that would probably work out great if you do.. What kinda rack you got there?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That.. is awesome! Do you have any troubles with sagging in the rear? Ive got some air bags on the rear of my Jeep that would probably work out great if you do.. What kinda rack you got there?
The rear rack is from Tomkin,it's alot cheaper than AllJ's and wieghs alot less(just as strong though).Had to modifiy it just a bit to stay in place(just 6 little bolts and 2 3" angle pieces).No sag at all,not even when I added RL rear bumber.I'd die before I give up my mobile tool station,got the nickname the "JeepDepot" in MOAB:D .

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man that is awsome. where's the kitchen sink at? :D j/k, very nice set up! no room for my dog though if i did that.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
tj, I think no sharp turns for you.. All those things will start a rumble there.. I only have a duffle bag and a few small boxes, I hate the noise I am getting from back there everything I make a fast turn..

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about pressure testing my sliders and using them as a tank for small stuff. Not sure if it's a viable option till I mess with it though.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've since removed the shelf I made and carpeted the second box.
I like this because it's all safe inside, makes very little noise because it carpeted and way in the back, and completely detachable from the jeep bu unplugging 1 air line and 1 plug that controlls the comp and ARB.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever gonna post a pic with the carpeting done on the rest of that box, Gris? Love what you've done, especially all the quick-connects.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about pressure testing my sliders and using them as a tank for small stuff. Not sure if it's a viable option till I mess with it though.

Doesn't seem like they would hold more than enough to air up one tire, imo but, let us know what you find out, if you ever get the pressure test done.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever gonna post a pic with the carpeting done on the rest of that box, Gris? Love what you've done, especially all the quick-connects.

eventually. I have to get motivated to take more pictures. unfortunately, Jeep-time went out the window. Bout all I do now is troll the boards.

Latest posts

Members online