WTH?....Horn Stuck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

herb3

Reaction score
I and my whole neighborhood just got woken up at 4:00 am this morning by the horn on my '02 Liberty Sport blowing non-stop. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to quit! I did a search for horn relay and could not found anything so I'm guessing Libertys do not use a normal relay for the horns....any ideals on where to start looking?

Thanks

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May not be related, but we had a door switch go bad on our van and it would cause the alarm to go off at night. I think it had something to do with the temperature change and parts contracting. Of course the lights were flashing and all.

I suppose the horn switch could be doing the same thing?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
what the ??? just by itself or you were honking and it got stock? weird..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats alittle spooooky. He said it woke them all up?

Never heard of this herb3. The BCM probably controls that and maybe it was mad at you?

It does weird things like that all the time. :-s

My dad goes to work at 5am and he says my inside lights are on most of the time. Even though I have them turned off on the stalk. ](*,)

herb3

Reaction score
Well it looks like it might be a problem with the BCM. I disconnected the horns and reconnected the battery to goto work this working and when I got there the headlights and radio would not cut off. I have it set up to goto the dealer tomorrow to be checked and if it is the BCM all I can say is ouch (Aeh) The BCM as a MSRP of $445.00 for just it. I've had the Libby for 2 years now and it just turned 36,000 miles so maybe it is something silly, easy, and cheap to fix but I ain't betting on it ](*,)