Would this allow for bigger than a 245/75?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Stock 05 Renegade Wheels 16"
A pounded pinchweld
Frankenlift Standard I - OME Coils, Rancho Shocks and Struts
TerraFlex Front Extended Bumpstops
Clevis Lift w/3 conduit nuts
2 more rear isolators on top of each rear coil
and possibly 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers behind each wheel

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hey Weston,
I am far from being truly knowledgeable when in comes to these Jeep Liberty's in comparison to all the other guy's on this forum who have lifted theirs and carried out all forms of modifications and customizations. But what you have listed above sounds pretty much what I am doing to our KJ within the coming day's/weeks!

Even though the Spidertrax wheel spacers are not favoured by some folks here and you could just as easily buy a full set of steel wheels (Soft 8's) for the same amount of money as the Spidertrax, (with the same result in regards to the back spacing of the wheels) I chose them because I really like the look of the factory six spoke aluminium wheels that my KJ came with from the factory.
I am aware that there are an additional twenty bolts to mechanically fasten the spacers to the hub and that I will need to be diligent in making sure that they remain torqued to spec.

Also remember that when you opt for a 265-75-16 inch tire, you would need to re-gear the front and rear differentials due to the fact that the factory diff ratio's would pretty much kill off the acceleration and torque (Pulling power) and make the factory differential gearing with that size of tire a total slug in terms of performance.
Choose carefully.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Weston, I would go with everything you said except the spider trax spacers. Do everything else, then see what you have. I put a set of soft 8's on my KJ and went with a 4" back space rim, and that required a lot of plastic trimming...and it still rubs on full lock when backing out of a parking space.

The difference in the factory rims's BS and the soft 8 is 1.5" roughly the same as the wheel spacers you are thinking about getting......so just a little heads up that you WILL have major rub (if you go with a 245 tires). Plus the fact that 20 more lug nuts is just a PIA.:p

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Weston, I would go with everything you said except the spider trax spacers. Do everything else, then see what you have. I put a set of soft 8's on my KJ and went with a 4" back space rim, and that required a lot of plastic trimming...and it still rubs on full lock when backing out of a parking space.

The difference in the factory rims's BS and the soft 8 is 1.5" roughly the same as the wheel spacers you are thinking about getting......so just a little heads up that you WILL have major rub (if you go with a 245 tires). Plus the fact that 20 more lug nuts is just a PIA.:p

I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment!
Mind you, I run 1.5 inch wide spacers on that green thing and have never had any on the additional 20 lug nuts get loose on me ever!
Knock wood!

But non the less, good advice!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well, if those Spidertrax spacers end up be a royal pain in the but, I'm sure I'll be able to sell them off to another Jeep enthusiast!
But from what Jen say's, I'll be sporting a set of five of these Teflon coated beauties by Christmas 2009!
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Teflon_Chamber.htm
Fingers crossed!;)

Well, Ryan I'm glad to see you've decided on the Chambers, I like them alot!!!!

But kj924, the reason I was looking into the spacers is because I love my factory rims much like Ryan here lol, but sounds like it'll be my best bet to just get lifted and settle with the 245/75/16's until I can afford two sets of 4.10's lol

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, Ryan I'm glad to see you've decided on the Chambers, I like them alot!!!!

But kj924, the reason I was looking into the spacers is because I love my factory rims much like Ryan here lol, but sounds like it'll be my best bet to just get lifted and settle with the 245/75/16's until I can afford two sets of 4.10's lol

Yeah, I would lift first then go from there. As I found out, when you space the wheels out, you loose the ability to stuff the tires into the wheel wells...at least the way I went anyways. 31x10.5

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I would lift first then go from there. As I found out, when you space the wheels out, you loose the ability to stuff the tires into the wheel wells...at least the way I went anyways. 31x10.5

That makes sense!
It surprises me that nobody is making any after market fender flares for the KJ yet!
I'm going to have to break down and buy two rear fender flares and two front fenders with flares from the auto wreckers and buy a 100 pounds of Plasticine and start scultping (at least for the front.) wider front (pocket style) flares and see where it takes me.