Winter is close, Put daystar 2.5 and new springs and struts ,Tire ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lusliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WE put a Daystar 2.5 Leveling on 2003 Liberty New rear springs and extended shocks.New struts and Springs in front and new bushings and stabilizer links.Need honest opinion on tire size considering 235 85 16 or 265 75 16 .We do not off road,only city drive we live out in country and snow with drifts are a issue. We did same with a 2008 Nitro years ago and ran Goodyear 255 70 17 wasn't good it was plowing not cutting. Looking at BFG all terrains.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daystar is junk

Regear?
If yes then 265/75 duratrac

If no stick to 245/75

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WE put a Daystar 2.5 Leveling on 2003 Liberty New rear springs and extended shocks.New struts and Springs in front and new bushings and stabilizer links.Need honest opinion on tire size considering 235 85 16 or 265 75 16 .We do not off road,only city drive we live out in country and snow with drifts are a issue. We did same with a 2008 Nitro years ago and ran Goodyear 255 70 17 wasn't good it was plowing not cutting. Looking at BFG all terrains.

235-85-16s and 265-75-16s are too big for the lift you have to begin with, spent a lot of money that could of been used for upgrading.
Second you'd need to regear so stick with a 30 inch tire like 245-75-16 or 265-70-16
Way better tires out there, ran BFG ATs one winter and I can go places with the Duratracs in two wheel drive that took 4 wheel with the BFGs
Doesn't matter if you off road or not, good tires for snow are required

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Tommudd, my Duratracs are way better then my BFGs were. Saying that the BFGs were better than a lot of other brands. As some others say on another post you get what you pay for when it comes to tires.

Last edited:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you buy treadwright tires then you just get a smile :peace:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up (5) Cooper Discoverer AT3's for $575 shipped. Installation is going to cost me a couple of hot n ready's.

Oh, and there's an $80 mail in rebate on them, bringing the purchase price down to $495. :D

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the Duratrac being an awesome tire. It's definitely what I am getting next. However, if you are dead set on getting BFG A/T's, I would advise buying General Grabber AT2s for a lot cheaper. IMO they are an updated version of the BFGs. I also have went places with my Grabbers in 2wd where my in-laws struggled in 4x4 with BFGs. :waytogo:

Last edited:

brianawd

Reaction score
I spend 9 months out of the year in the Mt's as I ski and work as a ski patroler and Have run both the BFG AT and the duratrac's for years, I can say that the bfg does better in compact snow and Ice. Duratrac's still do good. But once the Snow gets over a few inches on the road the duratrac's are killer. Both seem to wear really well. Lot if it comes down to the driver and what feels better to them.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the Duratrac being an awesome tire. It's definately what I am getting next. However, if you are dead set on getting BFG A/T's, I would advise buying General Grabber AT2s for a lot cheaper. IMO they are an updated version of the BFGs. I also have went places with my Grabbers in 2wd where my in-laws struggled in 4x4 with BFGs. :waytogo:

Love my grabbers :icon_biggrin: Highly suggested.