2003 Jeep liberty photos lifted 2.5 w/245 75 16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lusliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay my husband put 2.5 daystar on 2003 liberty with new springs Wheel well heights are front 35 7/8 rear at 36 with 235 70 16 tires need see photos with 245 75 16 tire we are considering BFG ATs or General AT 3. Thanks Lu

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to get an accurate measurement of hight you need to measure from center of hub to bottom of fender flare.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are a couple pics of mine with 245/75/16 their the hankook dynapros so not the tire you were wanting but it might help with see the right size.
You must be registered for see images attach

not the best tire pics but might help a little.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay my husband put 2.5 daystar on 2003 liberty with new springs Wheel well heights are front 35 7/8 rear at 36 with 235 70 16 tires need see photos with 245 75 16 tire we are considering BFG ATs or General AT 3. Thanks Lu

yes measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare. You may think you have 2.5 icnhes of lift but with sagged springs may only have 1.5 or so. That will determine if you can in fact run a 245-75-16 or not
The 35 7/8 does not tell us anything at all as far as height goes
Also look around, better tire choices the BFGs

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
sporting her finest mud wear .. with 245's. But like the man said ... post up your relevant measurements and he can tell you from that if they will fit.

P.S. your asking for pics and yet you post none :D

Lusliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all whom replied I will get measurements center of wheel to bottom of flare.We will not be off roading this vehicle. We prefer height do to cars being lower for most part Husband feels I'd be safer .We live in country and winter drifting snows are a issue also. My last vehicle was a 2008 Liberty we put 2.5 daystar on day after we bought it new and hubby said those were 255 70 17 on that and for a get around vehicle it was great and fun.Besides gas mileage better than out Ram 1500's.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you to all whom replied I will get measurements center of wheel to bottom of flare.We will not be off roading this vehicle. We prefer height do to cars being lower for most part Husband feels I'd be safer .We live in country and winter drifting snows are a issue also. My last vehicle was a 2008 Liberty we put 2.5 daystar on day after we bought it new and hubby said those were 255 70 17 on that and for a get around vehicle it was great and fun.Besides gas mileage better than out Ram 1500's.

There is that line again that always makes me laugh out loud
"we will not be off roading" so we don't care how it rides on the road
Like has been stated many times, installing a Daystar on a brand new vehicle will "get you by" for a few thousand miles, on a used one with over 30,000 you're just kidding yourself and not getting the full amount of lift and if you do it will sag in short order

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Oh dave hubby wondered why you run spacers ?

If your asking me ... ?

I wanted to keep the KJ's center of gravity close to stock and keep my rims... up 2.5" and out 2.5" accomplishes that well enough.. also 245's on stock rims, rub on the sway bar.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
245/75 will fit ... BUT you will have rubbing. Possibly at the pinch weld (behind front tires) and almost certainly in the front of the wheel well. If you keep your stock rims they will likely rub on the sway bar as well when turning.

A heat gun and BFH will required.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/75 will fit ... BUT you will have rubbing. Possibly at the pinch weld (behind front tires) and almost certainly in the front of the wheel well. If you keep your stock rims they will likely rub on the sway bar as well when turning.

A heat gun and BFH will required.

I thought there was only rubbing on the pinch weld?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I'm at 22.25" now all around .. and I had to do some trimming and re-molding of the front fender well.
But not all KJ's are alike. The position of the front hub is more forward on some than others.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes no higher than what the OP is pinch weld will have to be pounded over and reworking of the wheel well in front will need to be done
Better lift or better yet sticking to 245-70s etc would be better