Windsheild wiper opinons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Valeo-900-18-..._5?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1279998371&sr=8-5

thats what i've been using, love them the they are a size smaller than the stock ones but leave you with the same amount of wipe in the end pretty much. last time i bought 5 of them for $5 (i broke one in the winter letting it slap back on the glass after cleaning the windsieild) they work awesome, just clean them up every once and a while and wipe clean every time extremely happy with them.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(banghead)Wipers are replaceable?!?! I have been trading in my car when they stop wiping... Think of all the money I could have been saving!

Last edited:

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Hella, they last me more than 6 months and the Jeep is never garaged.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to develope defroster blades... If silicone oven mits can handle 400dgrs... Why cant they make a wiper with a piece of wire in it that heats up to get the ice off them when you are driving in freezing rain?

darksun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to develope defroster blades... If silicone oven mits can handle 400dgrs... Why cant they make a wiper with a piece of wire in it that heats up to get the ice off them when you are driving in freezing rain?

x2!

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of wipers that have a defroster in them, but I know there are vehicles with wiper defrosters. I'm pretty sure those are just heating wires in the window though.

I would think that a wiper with a defroster in it would be to costly for a replaceable item. I have no doubt that it could be done.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of wipers that have a defroster in them, but I know there are vehicles with wiper defrosters. I'm pretty sure those are just heating wires in the window though.

I would think that a wiper with a defroster in it would be to costly for a replaceable item. I have no doubt that it could be done.

Yes there are a lot of vehicles with heated front screens nowadays. Same principle as the rear ones but a lot thinner wires and more of them, about 1/8" apart.

I haven't done it on my Jeep yet but I have done this trick on a few of my previous vehicles, ands that is to get about 6' of winscreen washer pipe and in theory cut and remove the existing pipe just befor it gets to the washer jets and join the new pipe to the jet end and then wrap a few feet round the top radiator hose so that you get nice warm water on the screen in winter. It doesn't crack the screen (or hasn't yet anyway) and helps to stop the washers freezing up while driving due to the wind chill etc. Thats given me another job to do before winter gets here! When I get round to it I will try and do a how to, although its not exactly quantum physics!! :D

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got Rain-X Latitude, but can't figure out how to get the old OEM wipers off.

Tried searching the Internet, but couldn't find anything.

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using the Michelin's that I got at Walmart last winter. They work really well for me.

Looks like we've got more rain moving in this week.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Goodyear as well, I replaced my old Bosch with goodyear god knows how long ago from a set I bought at Costco, they are great. My cousin was surprised when he saw how squeegee like they were. Generally I would always have streaks left behind with others, because let's admit it Jeep's stock wiper arm springs are not the best, but goodyears work great.

PS: I got some rust/salt burn on my arms, has anyone ever painted theirs?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only use my wipers to scrape off bug guts. I think I still have the stock ones on there. Wouldn't know though. I have no intentions of every replacing them. :D

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought Goodyear Assurance wiper blades at Costco for $8.00. So far have been working great and standing up to the 110+ degree heat here....

I only use my wipers to scrape off bug guts. I think I still have the stock ones on there. Wouldn't know though. I have no intentions of every replacing them. :D

There are only two things that destroy wipers here in AZ, and over use is not one of them... HEAT AND BUGS!

Most people here change them at the first real sign of rain (alot of water on the windsheild).

Fortunately, it only rains once or twice a year...:party36:

followed by the desert blooming... :big_banana_Dance:

followed by BUGS! :pp: