Window Regulators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 07 Liberty that CONSTANTLY drops side windows. We have had it at the dealer 5 times replacing both rear window regulators twice and the passenger front once. How can we fix this problem for good????????? It is now out of warranty and I cant afford $250-$300 every 3-4 months to fix the windows. We rarely even roll down the rear windows but they keep breaking anyways

We have been told it is a design flaw, but Jeep will not keep fixing it after the vehicle warranty period. Is there a better aftermarket repair???

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steigerperformance.com sells a kit for like $80 that will fix it... I have replaced both passenger sides with these kits...

TR

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 07 Liberty that CONSTANTLY drops side windows. We have had it at the dealer 5 times replacing both rear window regulators twice and the passenger front once. How can we fix this problem for good????????? It is now out of warranty and I cant afford $250-$300 every 3-4 months to fix the windows. We rarely even roll down the rear windows but they keep breaking anyways

We have been told it is a design flaw, but Jeep will not keep fixing it after the vehicle warranty period. Is there a better aftermarket repair???
Hope you still have the receipts.Every part replaced at the dealership(warranty or not) comes with a 12 month/12,000mile warranty.Your still covered for that time frame at least even if your out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah seems to me they are stiffing you on a warranty repair.. But anyway...

I would go with the aftermarket repair kit, guys that have say its the last time they will ever be repairing the damn things after using that. Its got good reviews on here and LOST and seems like a well thought out fix.

I know if mine ever break, knock on wood, i'm going with their kit as you have to pull the regulator out to repair or replace, so might as well repair and fix once and for all.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that keeps happening to you dude. I've owned my 06 for 6 months now so far and none have broken. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I feel your pain though.
I did have my ignition switch fail in which I had to replace my entire steering column. This has happened to quite a few people.

It's a shame Chrysler ignores these problems. If Chrysler was a classy car company they would tell us: Were sorry about this aggravation we’ve caused you. Bring your jeep in and we'll fix these problems for free. Chrysler knows about it but the refuse to fix them. That's why I dislike Chrysler. If it wasn't for this little shit KJ's would be extremely reliable vehicles.

Good luck getting it fixed for good.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a shame Chrysler ignores these problems. If Chrysler was a classy car company they would tell us: Were sorry about this aggravation we’ve caused you. Bring your jeep in and we'll fix these problems for free. Chrysler knows about it but the refuse to fix them. That's why I dislike Chrysler. If it wasn't for this little shit KJ's would be extremely reliable vehicles.

Good luck getting it fixed for good.

If chrysler had the money to fix everyones window regulator then they would of had the money to buy real regulators instead of plastic toys. Our ZJ has all steal window regulators. Going strong after 16 years. :)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah very true, the 02-04 are not very prone to this failure, though a few have had it happen from heavy use of their windows so its not impossible.

My rear windows have only been opened a few times since i got it, and maybe the front passenger has been open a half dozen times. If anything breaks i know it will be the drivers window as that goes up and down all the time to get the mail, talk to people, wave, you name it.

Wally

Reaction score
It's a shame Chrysler ignores these problems. If Chrysler was a classy car company they would tell us: Were sorry about this aggravation we’ve caused you. Bring your jeep in and we'll fix these problems for free.

That's just about what Chrysler told me, almost word for word. They also went so far as to pay for the aftermarket tint on my front windows!

There is a TSB for the '07s that replaces the windows and the regulators to the ones with the metal tabs. As stated earlier, you should still be under warranty as well as the fact that after 3 times for the same repair, you are entitled to a loaner until the issue is 100% resolved. It's kinda like the Magnuson Moss Act, it's out there but not a lot of people know about it.

Good Luck!

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's just about what Chrysler told me, almost word for word. They also went so far as to pay for the aftermarket tint on my front windows!

There is a TSB for the '07s that replaces the windows and the regulators to the ones with the metal tabs. As stated earlier, you should still be under warranty as well as the fact that after 3 times for the same repair, you are entitled to a loaner until the issue is 100% resolved. It's kinda like the Magnuson Moss Act, it's out there but not a lot of people know about it.

Good Luck!

The one they are fixing now has the "New and Improved" parts. There is a sticker on that door that says it has been modified. I'm well aware of the TSB I got the dealer to fix this one AGAIN for free. This Jeep is now out of factory warranty, so if one of these weak ass jury rigs makes it past a year I'm SOL.

I'm ordering the aftermarket kit for both windows and will jump up and down and scream and yell to try to get the dealer to install them for free. We'll see what happens. Anyway thank you so much for the link to the after market fix. Wores comes to worse I'll install em myself. It just earks the piss out of me that it will come out of my own pocket after 5 "Fixes" at the dealer.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain though.
I did have my ignition switch fail in which I had to replace my entire steering column. This has happened to quite a few people.

Been there Done That, last year. Luckily it was still under warranty then.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering the aftermarket kit for both windows and will jump up and down and scream and yell to try to get the dealer to install them for free. We'll see what happens. Anyway thank you so much for the link to the after market fix. Wores comes to worse I'll install em myself. It just earks the piss out of me that it will come out of my own pocket after 5 "Fixes" at the dealer.
Why would they be obligated to put aftermarket parts that that you supplied on for free? Not going to happen,that's like telling a MAC store to setup your PC for free after you have had alot of problems with MAC's for free.

sksurfs

Reaction score

I just did this repair on my own Thursday night using Steiger Performance parts, for one window it took like 2 hours and for the second it was 1.5ish. The instructions provided by are spot on.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they be obligated to put aftermarket parts that that you supplied on for free? Not going to happen,that's like telling a MAC store to setup your PC for free after you have had alot of problems with MAC's for free.

Actually MAC just ***** sooooo..... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online