Window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjreny03

Reaction score
My front passanger window has come out of it track. The casing that holds the tread in has a hole so now when I try to roll it down the tread comes up through my door weather stripping. How do I fix this? Jeep wants $300 to repair it.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you got this fixed already. Mine did the same thing on the passenger front. The tube that holds the worm gear is broken. I tried many different fixes from glue and tape, to a coupling designed for pvc pipes, then coupling and glue. I ended up replacing the entire regulator with one i bought at advance autoparts. If I remember correctly, it only cost about $80.

Its a very simple fix.

Remove Interior door panel. 2 screws (one in door handle and one in door pull hand grip) then it pops off if you pry with a screwdriver starting at the bottom near the speaker.

Remove plastic weather liner. Its held on by a tarry black substance that is reusable. Just peel carefully around the edges.

Remove speaker. four screws.

Disconnect window. Pry two c clips out from the sides of the window. pop the window away from you, raise it, and tape it open.

Remove the window regulator. six bolts (2 top of track, 1 bottom of track, 3 on motor) Squeeze the hole contraption through the hole in the door.

Installation is reverse of removal.

Good luck.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window problem are pretty common on our baby. Just replace the regulator with a new one or a used one. Maybe give a look at the other one and see if they might need replacement while you are working on it.
Over here in the forever expensive Quebec they are between 0 ( used ) to 200 from Jeep new so shouldn't be to expensive.

djta11

Reaction score
My tread began coming up through the base, too.

I got a slightly larger diameter tube about 2-3" long and slit it length-wise and placed it over the break in the factory tubing. I then used a butt load of zip ties to tighten everything down.

So far, so good except when I use the "auto down" function on the switch. If I do, it'll pop right through and I've gotta start all over again.

I'll eventually replace the entire thing but at this point, I was getting too antsy for a lift so the window regulator is sitting on the back burner.