Will these work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hondune

Reaction score
so ive got a 2003 black jeep liberty renegade with bfgoodrich stock sized all terrain tires on it, otherwise its entirely stock.

id like to put a OME lift on it with rancho shocks on the rear and get some new wheels.

i really like the look of these, even if they are poser beadlocks :p

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92600_1XX_B_PG.htm

so my question is will the 16x7" work for me? i realize the backspacing is 4" rather then 4.5", however if it will work i would love the small amount of extra width it will give it. also will they work without the lift? if i get them id like to put them on as soon as i can :p

and if you know of anywhere i can get them for cheaper that would be great!

thanks in advance!:icon_smile:

EDIT: oh and if anyone has used these or rims like them how do they hold up? i wont be doing any mudding with them, however i do go light offroading quite often and it is my daily driver so id like them to last.

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they should work. Some other guys on the forum are running Cragar Soft 8s, which have the same size and backspacing. They will rub alot without the lift, so you will need to lift before you mount the wheels. And most likely you will need to do your pinch welds and possibly some other slight trimming inside the front wheel wells.

These may be a better solution, the backspacing is less, so there is less possiblity of rubbing.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92602_4XX_B_PG.htm

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ive got a 2003 black jeep liberty renegade with bfgoodrich stock sized all terrain tires on it, otherwise its entirely stock.

id like to put a OME lift on it with rancho shocks on the rear and get some new wheels.

i really like the look of these, even if they are poser beadlocks :p

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92600_1XX_B_PG.htm

so my question is will the 16x7" work for me? i realize the backspacing is 4" rather then 4.5", however if it will work i would love the small amount of extra width it will give it. also will they work without the lift? if i get them id like to put them on as soon as i can :p

and if you know of anywhere i can get them for cheaper that would be great!

thanks in advance!:icon_smile:

EDIT: oh and if anyone has used these or rims like them how do they hold up? i wont be doing any mudding with them, however i do go light offroading quite often and it is my daily driver so id like them to last.
If your lifting and staying under 245/75R16's you will be golden.I ran that style but in 16x8(lost of rubbing with 265/75's) and they will take some abuse with that extra metal on the outer bead(fake beadlock ring).They are very heavy though and expect a big mpg loss.

To find cheaper price try any discount tire store or any other place that sells Unique Steel wheels and get the series 252.Same wheel as Unique Steel makes the steel rims for Crager.

Hondune

Reaction score
I think they should work. Some other guys on the forum are running Cragar Soft 8s, which have the same size and backspacing. They will rub alot without the lift, so you will need to lift before you mount the wheels. And most likely you will need to do your pinch welds and possibly some other slight trimming inside the front wheel wells.

These may be a better solution, the backspacing is less, so there is less possiblity of rubbing.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92602_4XX_B_PG.htm

damn, i was hoping to get away without any rubbing D:

i had looked at those cragar 365s, there cool i just feel they are a bit to plain...

If your lifting and staying under 245/75R16's you will be golden.I ran that style but in 16x8(lost of rubbing with 265/75's) and they will take some abuse with that extra metal on the outer bead(fake beadlock ring).They are very heavy though and expect a big mpg loss.

To find cheaper price try any discount tire store or any other place that sells Unique Steel wheels and get the series 252.Same wheel as Unique Steel makes the steel rims for Crager.

yeah the mpg loss worries me a bit... im already getting pretty terrible at 13.8 mpg.
i didnt know that about unique steel, ill have to look em up thanks for the tip!

also if anyone has any other recommandations for wheels im still very open to ideas. only thing is they have to be black (and preferably not to expensive) :)

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Even after lifting, steel wheels and then larger tires = heavy weight rolling resistance.
Better off spending more, getting alloy rims, and then larger tires like 245 -75s-16 as mentioned.

Hondune

Reaction score
Even after lifting, steel wheels and then larger tires = heavy weight rolling resistance.
Better off spending more, getting alloy rims, and then larger tires like 245 -75s-16 as mentioned.

yup, definitely gonna go with some nice alloys.

having a really hard time finding anything that will fit though. ive checked just about every site out there and am not finding much :/

any tips on finding some stock sized wheels? (the main problem im having is just about every 16" rim i find is 8" wide, and lots of alloy wheels dont come smaller then 17" or 18")

which brings me to my next question, how much rub will i get with a 8 inch rim? (lifted and stock if you know)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have problems with 8 inch wheels esp. stock due to size tires you have to run. The smaller tires are not made for that wide of a rim. Some have been running like 245-70s but they are much to narrow to be run safely.
If lifted an 8 inch can be run but you'll need to stay with like a 5 inch backspacing, like Moabs .
I run them but you have to have enough lift and bumpstops to keep from tearing the flares off

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, definitely gonna go with some nice alloys.

having a really hard time finding anything that will fit though. ive checked just about every site out there and am not finding much :/

any tips on finding some stock sized wheels? (the main problem im having is just about every 16" rim i find is 8" wide, and lots of alloy wheels dont come smaller then 17" or 18")

which brings me to my next question, how much rub will i get with a 8 inch rim? (lifted and stock if you know)

If you're looking specifically for black alloys, try looking into these.
MAMBA MR1

http://www.jcwhitney.com/mr1-alloy-...T4&zmam=15972153&zmas=21&zmac=161&zmap=884857

If you don't mind chome alloys, I have a set of factory 17"x 7.5" wheels off an '06 Limited I'd like to sell. These came with 235/65-17 tires - no rubbing w/ no lift.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=532607#post532607