2010 Liberty Limited: Power Locks Don’t Work! Fuse Is Out But when replaced it immediately sparks and goes out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyMolina

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2010 Jeep Liberty Limited and have been working on upgrading and fixing various aspects of it. One issue that caught my attention was that none of the door locks were functioning. Naturally, my first instinct was to check the fuse box.

Upon inspection, I found that the fuse for the power locks had blown, so I decided to replace it with a new one. However, as soon as the new fuse made contact with the fuse box, it sparked and blew the new fuse.

Has anyone else encountered a situation like this? If you have, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or help in diagnosing and resolving this issue. It's crucial for me because I use this Jeep for work, and I've had to leave it loaded with all my tools, unlocked, due to the door lock problem.

Your insights and assistance would be immensely valuable. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll need to get into the doors and inspect the actuators. Perhaps a wire is loose or one of those has failed. Then check the wiring for shorts. Insulation may have worn through somewhere.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have other random issues like the windshield wipers going on by themselves? The door lock circuitry is part of the TIPM, or under-hood fuse box. I would suspect a broken wire or bad connection, unless I had other electrical problems too, and then I would suspect a bad TIPM.

Aeroscott

Reaction score
get 4 fuses, unpug each door from the harness inside the kick panels or in the door jamp, I forget where the plugs are, unplug them all, insert the fuse, (it shouldnt blow), and reconnect one at a time until the fuse blows, then you know which door panel to take off.

Aeroscott

Reaction score
get a new fuse, unplug each door from the harness inside the kick panels or in the door jamp, I forget where the plugs are, unplug them all, insert the fuse, (it shouldnt blow), and reconnect one at a time until the fuse blows, then you know which door panel to take off.
I tied to edit the above post??