White Wall Tire on the Liberty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my new mod!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

So yeah. I got a flat. So, now that the ****** is done, it's time for new tires. I've got a decision to make: Should I...

a) Get Cooper Discoverer AT3s for $109 each? They're hardly reviewed because they're a newer tire. The very few reviews I've found on them, however, are pretty good.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...nter=1&ar=70&rd=16&vid=008433&sw=false&cs=235

or

b) Get Hankook DynaPro ATMs for $130 each. The reviews are GREAT. I'm leaning towards this because I'm a very "you get what you pay for" kind of guy.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d.../product/viewProductDetail&pc=10811&fsv=false

ALSO...

Should I get valve stems? My current tires don't have sensors. So it wouldn't make a difference. They're only $3 each. No big deal. I just don't know if I should replace those with the tires.

AND...

What're your opinions on replacement plans? I'm THINKING about getting it...but after a little wheeling, I feel like that will void any sort of replacement plan, so I gotta be careful here. I just feel like it wouldn't be worth it. It's $65 for all four.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks all!

Edit: Added links for the tires.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What about Nitto Terra Grapplers? I love the ones I have. I run them on both my vehicles.

The previous Discoverers got good reviews, as have most Cooper tires.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Nitto Terra Grapplers? I love the ones I have. I run them on both my vehicles.

The previous Discoverers got good reviews, as have most Cooper tires.

I couldn't find them in my size! Plus they seem to be pretty expensive. I'm just looking to get opinions on the two that I've decided on. As I don't have time to mess around anymore... :disgust:

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always had trouble with Nitto's on trucks they like to feather and get loud. ATM's are nice. The AT3 didn't impress me pretty old school tread design, and the side walls were pretty thin. I ran the General AT3 for something like 80K now and they have been great, just got loud now that there older.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always had trouble with Nitto's on trucks they like to feather and get loud. ATM's are nice. The AT3 didn't impress me pretty old school tread design, and the side walls were pretty thin. I ran the General AT3 for something like 80K now and they have been great, just got loud now that there older.

Do you mean the General AT2 or the Cooper AT3?

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah OK. I did like those tires but they're discontinued. And I don't feel like paying an arm and a leg for them.
Well that's bad news I was considering them with my new wheels as a cheaper option then the Revo2. I wanted something quieter, but given the life hard to say no. Guess quieter it is with the Revo.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's bad news I was considering them with my new wheels as a cheaper option then the Revo2. I wanted something quieter, but given the life hard to say no. Guess quieter it is with the Revo.

Well they're still around. Here they are for $126 each, but they aren't available til the 29th.

General Grabber AT 2

And who knows if you'd even be able to get them by then?!?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALSO...

Should I get valve stems? My current tires don't have sensors. So it wouldn't make a difference. They're only $3 each. No big deal. I just don't know if I should replace those with the tires.

AND...

What're your opinions on replacement plans? I'm THINKING about getting it...but after a little wheeling, I feel like that will void any sort of replacement plan, so I gotta be careful here. I just feel like it wouldn't be worth it. It's $65 for all four.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks all!

Edit: Added links for the tires.

Need some opinions on this too!!! :(

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the Valves skip the warranty unless it's a 3 year free replacement from a Nation wide company then you can complain and get it replaced no matter what. Discount is great about stnding behind there warranty.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the Valves skip the warranty unless it's a 3 year free replacement from a Nation wide company then you can complain and get it replaced no matter what. Discount is great about stnding behind there warranty.

Thanks for the input :)

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always replace valve stems when putting new tires on,and buy the road hazzard warranty as it's cheap and worth it.Just do not buy a road hazzard warranty online,only local.

Do you have any experience with discounttiredirect's warranty? I hear they stand by their stuff pretty firmly.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Always replace valve stems when putting new tires on,and buy the road hazzard warranty as it's cheap and worth it.Just do not buy a road hazzard warranty online,only local.

X2.

If you want really good tires for the price the Hankook Dynapro ATM tires are excellent.
If I were in the market for an all terrain tire I would buy them again.
I've had them on all my work trucks as well as our KJ when we first bout the jeep.
Great all around tire for the price.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered the Hankooks with the valve stems. But I didn't get the warranty (Per my father's word. I'll hold him to paying for the replacement if I get a nail...). Thanks for the advice everyone :) I appreciate it, per usual!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount tires direct only offered one price for protection I believe: $65. I'm not sweating it too much. Like I said, I'll pin it on my father for saying no to the protection plan if I get a blowout ;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered the Hankooks with the valve stems. But I didn't get the warranty (Per my father's word. I'll hold him to paying for the replacement if I get a nail...). Thanks for the advice everyone :) I appreciate it, per usual!

If you can find the nail and itis in the tread and not the sidewall you can pull it out and plug it and air it up yourself right on the spot. You can buy a tire plug kit or make one up yourself and don't forget to throw a pair of pliers in it and get a compressor. I have plugged a tire and aired it up without taking it off the vehicle before when the bead stayed intact so I didn't have to use the spare.

Let us know how you like the tires when you get them.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can find the nail and itis in the tread and not the sidewall you can pull it out and plug it and air it up yourself right on the spot. You can buy a tire plug kit or make one up yourself and don't forget to throw a pair of pliers in it and get a compressor. I have plugged a tire and aired it up without taking it off the vehicle before when the bead stayed intact so I didn't have to use the spare.

Let us know how you like the tires when you get them.

Dave

Will do! Pics to come as well. I can always plug up my current flat...but it's so bald that I would never even bother. I just want my new A/Ts to come soooonnnnnnn!!!!! :D