Where to buy a good set of mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our jeep does a fair amount of backroad (gravel) driving, and i was wondering if there was any good mudflaps that were recommended. What i'm most worried about is the rocks that get thrown up by the tires. Rock chips lead to rust. Thanks in advance.

yankeebikachic

Reaction score
Ha ha let me know if you get any leads, I need those, overhead storage and front lis. tag holder...

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the mopar rubber ones and they were nice for as long as they stayed on.
You would want to upgrade the mounting hardware.
One more thing, you'd probably have to keep the stock tire size with them or you will start to run into rubbing issues.
If you already have bigger tires than you might want to make some out of old tires, or modified trucker flaps. You'll want to self tap them from beneath, rather from inside the well(like the ones sold).

The plastic ones are just cheesy.nono.gif

Here's a pic where you can see the front one (back one probably bit the dust). Stock tire size on BFG muds, prelift.
You must be registered for see images attach

South Missouri

Oh yea...one more thing. Apparently it's not "Cool" to have mud flaps.
Got a few comments on them in the trails. :idiot:................:yourself:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran mudflaps once on a Bronco. Busted one up and bent the bracket (a heavy duty home made one). So I just took the other one off.

They should be fine for gravel roads though. The Mopar ones might do for gravel roads.

Dave

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever think about making some? I had a buddy with an 80's Mazda protege looking like a rally style car with roof rack and all and he just cut some large rubber sheets and mounted them up. I personally think it looked great.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any parts store has flat rubber ones you can cut to fit and screw on
Yeah its not cool but still I've had ones on the front to keep part of the road garbage off the rock rails for a long time now

Latest posts

Members online