Good Place to buy 3.7L Engine ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToppDog

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just obtained two 2002 KJ's as parts vehicles & plan to piece together one working vehicle. Both engines are locked up after trying to turn with a breaker bar, so it looks like I will still need to get an engine elsewhere. The local salvage yards don't have any & say they are getting hard to come buy. I have checked a few places online that have them, but was wondering if there is anyplace the community highly recommends before moving forward.

So far I'm leaning towards https://carpartplanet.com/engines/j...kTYPfIzLxaU_RS9chpZrV6Y4gJcsfEawaAkVDEALw_wcB

Is this a good company to deal with? Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

dutch

Reaction score
Many members here have had good success with Jasper engines.
They re build to a much higher standard for 3.7, and can install as well.
I believe their warranty is a 3 year 100k mile Nation wide warranty.
I'd go with a Jasper engine if you're planning to keep the Jeep.
I bought a Chevy pickup a few years back that had a 350 Jasper engine in it. Great engine imo but unfortunately my neighbors tree fell on it. Had to put a windshield in it and drove it a little more. Never had a problem with it.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in 2014 my original engine spun a rod bearing. I had installed a JBA lift, skids, rock sliders, etc. and loved the Jeep, which was only 6 years old at the time. I had always done maintenance religiously so I can’t say what caused the spun bearing. I am the second owner though and maybe the first one neglected some oil changes. The Jasper engine I got back then is still going strong.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Not a rebuilt, just a recycled engine.
B&R recycle for engine. run test compression test & fluid leak check test documented on every engine.
They are on the web.
Just an alternative. I’m not endorsing them nor do I have one from them.

jimbobwa

Reaction score
Back in 2014 my original engine spun a rod bearing. I had installed a JBA lift, skids, rock sliders, etc. and loved the Jeep, which was only 6 years old at the time. I had always done maintenance religiously so I can’t say what caused the spun bearing. I am the second owner though and maybe the first one neglected some oil changes. The Jasper engine I got back then is still going strong.
The rod cap is a shear type and they don't have a location tab in the rod bearing. That's why they ALL spin a rod bearing. Another "new and improved" engineering achievement.