so I have a bit of throttle lag on my 2004 liberty limited 3.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so I just noticed that I have a pretty good amount of throttle lag, I was wondering if any one else has this problem and if they know how to fix it

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know if the IAC cleaning makes a difference...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Carburetor cleaner spray removes the carbon best. Throttle body cleaner is also an option.
Don't use soap or water eek.:(

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do I need a special cleaner to clean it or just soapy water

Kindly remind me never to go flying in any airplanes you've repaired, Mr. Aircraft Mechanic :oops:

BTW, a cleaner specifically made for cleaning a throttle body is preferred over regular carb cleaner as the latter could remove special coatings that could be on the internal assembly.

Last edited:

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I just noticed that I have a pretty good amount of throttle lag, I was wondering if any one else has this problem and if they know how to fix it
On my 2004 Liberty 3.7 I removed the throttle body and clean it with throttle body cleaner and reasembled in ran 2 bottles of complete engine treatment and ran better!