Where is the Fan relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7 4x4
Check engine light came on and I went to Autozone, who said it is the Fan Relay. I was given part Duralast #20359 Relay, Radiator Fan-Engine Cooling Fan Motor Relay. The Jeep dealer said it was located behind the front bumper, well I pulled the bumper off and I can't find it.

Couple of questions.
Is there more than one relay.
How do I know this is the one I need.
Where is it's location.

Thank you!

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John3seventeen. Thanks I found it. My confusion was that I purchased the newer relay that has the heat sink without knowing I purchased the updated model, so I was looking for one just like that/ I installed the new relay and it fixed the problem

For those who don't know, the Rad/Fan relay has been improved and now has an aluminum heat sink on top of the relay. Don't use the old style, make sure you get the upgraded one.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John3seventeen. Thanks I found it. My confusion was that I purchased the newer relay that has the heat sink without knowing I purchased the updated model, so I was looking for one just like that/ I installed the new relay and it fixed the problem

For those who don't know, the Rad/Fan relay has been improved and now has an aluminum heat sink on top of the relay. Don't use the old style, make sure you get the upgraded one.
And make sure the upgraded one is from the dealership,the aftermarket ones are worse then the original non-heatsinked relays.I replace them often at work,learned long ago OEM stuff only for critical engine sensors on MOPAR's.

Latest posts

Members online