Where does this overflow-tube go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this just dangling down near the engine-block... So I pulled it up. May I assume it first slides into the U-bracket on the bottle? Then where from here?

You must be registered for see images attach

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out to look at mine. But it's different from yours in the pic.
What year is you Libby?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My Jeep is also a 2007. When it's not dark and not raining I'll try and remember to go out and have a look. :)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On other KJ model years ('02 to '06) that overflow tube runs along the upper radiator hose on the driver's (left) side and connects into a fitting on the radiator next to the upper hose. Not sure if the '07 would have that same fitting or not - I thought all KJ model years used the same radiator.

Is that not true? :emotions133:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have a changeover year
nothing is the same except everything is,
well except for the things that are different

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
On other KJ model years ('02 to '06) that overflow tube runs along the upper radiator hose on the driver's (left) side and connects into a fitting on the radiator next to the upper hose. Not sure if the '07 would have that same fitting or not - I thought all KJ model years used the same radiator.

Is that not true? :emotions133:

Bob

2007 has a lot in common with the KK... this is one. Likely for commonality while also pushing the Nitro down the same line for that year. The cooling system setup is one, CANBus is another.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It was finally not dark, not raining, not snowing, and I needed a break from the old schoolbooks. Sorry it took me a week for the planets to line up like that. :Big Laugh:

As I mentioned above, I have a 2007 as well with the same two hoses
I found this just dangling down near the engine-block... So I pulled it up. May I assume it first slides into the U-bracket on the bottle?
Yes, that is correct.

Then where from here?
The bottom hose attaches to the radiator like Bob mentioned in Post #9.

Yellow Stars:

The top hose acts as an overflow for the overflow. If the expansion tank gets full it basically dumps the excess on the ground under your right front tire instead of having it spew all over the engine compartment.

I'll do Red Stars for this one because it's just so cute! :slap:

This is down by the hump for what is the right front tire wheel well:

Here I'm pulling some of the other stuff out of the way. The hole for the hose is where the red star is and the hose itself is directly below it:

Finally, I've pulled the hose out altogether so you can see the oval cutout it slides into:

Basically, just a small hole in the bottom of the engine compartment for a drain hose. Mine is not clipped to anything or fastened in any way at the lower end.

And I have a really good "That's what she said" which I would love to share but I am far too polite and respectful to do such a thing. :Hump: