Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used Easywheel brand wheel spacers for their KJ? What kind of quality can I expect from Easywheel? Also considering spidertrax, have heard good things, but the Easywheel are considerably less expensive...like 1/4 of the price on sale...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get wheels with the correct backspacing,sure a little more but then you still only have 20 lugnuts to worry about instead of 40.

On the otherhand is a little $$$ really worth risking your life? Cost cutting in this area is not a wise idea.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my first set of spidertrax wheel spacers 1 1/4" and I have no issues I feel safe, I installed them and did it properly, I check torque on spacers with every oil change and if I go on a long road trip or after hard wheeling. Some people will not use them but IMHO if you install them correctly and check them normally they are fine.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can go from everywhere between being fine and losing a wheel on the road.
Personally, I wouldn't use anything to fit what is not meant to be there if you like your Jeep. Getting the right size is safer,less work and will work 100% of the time.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a ebay pair that I got for free....matches up with my buddies spidertrax. Installed with red lock tite and check them every 3k. Haven't moved or budged in 120k. Porsche uses wheel adaptors on some of their 911

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can go from everywhere between being fine and losing a wheel on the road.
Personally, I wouldn't use anything to fit what is not meant to be there if you like your Jeep. Getting the right size is safer,less work and will work 100% of the time.

Getting an off-set wheel is still fitting a tire size not ment to be there.... the only more work involved is when you have to change your rotor, its not like you have to take the spacer off to rotate a wheel.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I use a ebay pair that I got for free....matches up with my buddies spidertrax. Installed with red lock tite and check them every 3k. Haven't moved or budged in 120k. Porsche uses wheel adaptors on some of their 911

Those aren't adapters, those are spacers and the lug bolts pass through them entirely - still only five fasteners per wheel.

Adrian006

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting them on my old Caliber. But a friend said it wears out your wheel bearings 50% faster due to some kind of added flex and stress. Then he recommended rims that would adjust for wider tires without the side effect.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting them on my old Caliber. But a friend said it wears out your wheel bearings 50% faster due to some kind of added flex and stress. Then he recommended rims that would adjust for wider tires without the side effect.

Its the same difference a spacer that makes the wheel sit out 1.25" more would cause no more stress than a wheel that with backspacing sticking out the same 1.25" the stress if any would be the same.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting an off-set wheel is still fitting a tire size not ment to be there.... the only more work involved is when you have to change your rotor, its not like you have to take the spacer off to rotate a wheel.

That's why I said get the right size.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those aren't adapters, those are spacers and the lug bolts pass through them entirely - still only five fasteners per wheel.

No they are adapters....there 1.25 inches thick. I have 10 lugs per wheel.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I said get the right size.

I am not going any bigger with my tires then originally planned, I was just looking for a wider look/stance for my jeep and maybe a little additional clearance for the intended tire size...

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get wheels with the correct backspacing,sure a little more but then you still only have 20 lugnuts to worry about instead of 40.

On the otherhand is a little $$$ really worth risking your life? Cost cutting in this area is not a wise idea.

Point taken, that was my thought, especially with a baby on the way. Will back spaced wheels give me a wider wheel base? I am going more for the look, and not trying to squeeze bigger tires under it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Point taken, that was my thought, especially with a baby on the way. Will back spaced wheels give me a wider wheel base? I am going more for the look, and not trying to squeeze bigger tires under it

If lifted or lifting then 7 inch wide wheel with 4 inches of backspacing works out great/looks great
If unlifted then you're stuck pretty much with stock wheel backspacing etc so they don't rub

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If lifted or lifting then 7 inch wide wheel with 4 inches of backspacing works out great/looks great
If unlifted then you're stuck pretty much with stock wheel backspacing etc so they don't rub

Ive got a 3 inch suspension lift.....so Ill keep that in mind...thanx buddy

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this. I run a 16x7 soft 8 with 4" of backspace. i had a slight amount of rub with 245 75 16 cooper discoverer at3s, pounded pinch weld and some minor bumper trimming and i can go lock to lock with no rub.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive got a 3 inch suspension lift.....so Ill keep that in mind...thanx buddy

The maroon one has 3.75 inches of lift, 7 inch wide wheels and 4 inches of backspacing / 245-75-16 Duratracs just for reference
You must be registered for see images attach

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The maroon one has 3.75 inches of lift, 7 inch wide wheels and 4 inches of backspacing / 245-75-16 Duratracs just for reference
You must be registered for see images attach

Are these both yours?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are these both yours?

No just work on the maroon one for a friend of mine. Owner is 501 on the forums. He comes over about once a month so we can do something else to his ha ha
When this was taken we had just installed the Ironman lift that I tested first and then installed on his.
So was looking at the differences in stance etc.
Plus I couldn't own one thats a different color than,............. BLACK!!!:rocking: