Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No just work on the maroon one for a friend of mine. Owner is 501 on the forums. He comes over about once a month so we can do something else to his ha ha
When this was taken we had just installed the Ironman lift that I tested first and then installed on his.
So was looking at the differences in stance etc.
Plus I couldn't own one thats a different color than,............. BLACK!!!:rocking:

I'm with you there....love my black 04 Renegade!:friday:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea pretty much... spacers have no lug studs, adapters do. Adaptors and spacers are commonly used as same terms but different items.

just a wider stance or adapt different wheel bolt patterns.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion an adapter is only an adapter when its changing the stud size for example going from 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheels. A spacer can still have lugs on it, called a hub centric spacer and lug size stays the same as original like the spacers I have 5x4.5.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here. Why do you want to use spacers? What is the advantage or purpose of making your gauge (track) wider? Just asking.

There are a number of advantages to running spacers, though people have differing opinions on the subject. Some people use them as a cheap alternative to backspaced rims for a wider tire fit....Some want a wider wheel base for added horizontal stability, as lifted vehicles can have a higher center of gravity then intended for a particular vehicle. Still others just want a wider look for their vehicle, and some people use them as adapters to change the lug pattern to fit different wheels. Hope I answered your question, I'm fairly new myself. You can learn alot on this forum...There are alot of very knowledgable guys on here with tons of experience, so if you have any questions dont be afraid to post a thread.

Latest posts

Members online