Wheel Spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently lifted my `05 Renegade, and am really enjoying the more manly look of it. I've gotten quite a few unsolicited compliments, too. :D

I went with 245/75/R16 A/T Firestone Destinations, as this is my daily driver, and I needed a road-worthy tire that could still grip on the trail a little.

I'm running the stock rims, and now with the increased height, the wheels just look sooo skinny. At the very least, I wish they sat a little wider, to even out the look, and instill more confidence that I'm not gonna tip in a strong breeze! :rolleyes:

Anyway, anyone here try these: http://www.rocky-road.com/kjspace.html

What is your opinion of them? I know they only give 2.5 inches to the width overall, but I think it would look a little cooler. :cool:

Also, I had the Frankenlift professionaly installed at All J Products, and they pounded down the pinch welds and trimmed out some of the fenderwell plastic. But, I still "rub" a little at full steering wheel lock. Would these spacers help that, too? :-k

Opinons? Experience? :D

I can't afford Moabs right now...so this is my cheaper alternative. :eek:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Sweet! where are the pics!!!

From my understanding spacers won't help and may increase your rubbing. Someone more experienced will chime in though... I just wanted to pester you for pics of your lifted 05 Renney

Cheers,

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spacers may cause more problems than you currently have
also if you want some go get Spidertrax much better
I would never get anything from RRO
poor customer service

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are not going to tip
most people "panic" when their Jeep could still lean or tip another 10* or more
the wheel spacers should be used only when needed ,to fit tires that are to wide
I had to use them to run 32 X 11.5 MTR-K's on the TJ as they are wider than
31 X 11.5 SS LTB's ,I dont know how, that fit just fine
other than this I would not have them

I would just get over the "skinny rim" thing
I am running 8" wide wheels and I like the way it looks
plus with the skinny rims and wider tires you can run lower psi when off road
and not loose a bead ,I can run 12 where guys with 10" wide wheels and 12.5's can not

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hello all,

I recently lifted my `05 Renegade, and am really enjoying the more manly look of it. I've gotten quite a few unsolicited compliments, too. :D

I went with 245/75/R16 A/T Firestone Destinations, as this is my daily driver, and I needed a road-worthy tire that could still grip on the trail a little.

I'm running the stock rims, and now with the increased height, the wheels just look sooo skinny. At the very least, I wish they sat a little wider, to even out the look, and instill more confidence that I'm not gonna tip in a strong breeze! :rolleyes:

Anyway, anyone here try these: http://www.rocky-road.com/kjspace.html

What is your opinion of them? I know they only give 2.5 inches to the width overall, but I think it would look a little cooler. :cool:

Also, I had the Frankenlift professionally installed at All J Products, and they pounded down the pinch welds and trimmed out some of the fender well plastic. But, I still "rub" a little at full steering wheel lock. Would these spacers help that, too? :-k

Opinions? Experience? :D

I can't afford Moabs right now...so this is my cheaper alternative. :eek:

Jen and I drove around for a couple of weeks after we installed our Frankenlift
and 245-75 size tires (without the wheel spacers fitted), and the KJ drove
really excellent!

However,

We both find that the Jeep handles even better on road with the 1.25
inch wide Spidertrax wheel spacers installed al round.
There is no rubbing on the sway bar anymore and it also looks better.
More agressive stance and the tires look larger than they really are!
The main downfall will be when a tire gets stuffed up into the fender
and rips off a fender flare or worse!:rolleyes:

Oh well!
I'll cross that bridge when when it happens!

If you do decide to get a set of spacers DAG, Buy the Spidertrax!
RRO don't know what customer service is!

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

Spidertrax, huh? I'll Google it. Unless someone knows specifically which model # I should be looking for. (With a link? ...I know, I know...I'm kinda lazy.)

As for pics, I have some from the day I got it lifted. I'll post them up, but they're not great shots.

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics.

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach

And shortly after:

And the "Glory Shot": :rolleyes:

:cool:

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet .. lookin good mang!

The Spidertrax they are talkin about are these ....

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/proddetail.php?prod=SPIDER-WHS-002

I see you've put your rock rails to work already :D

Cheers,

Thanks for the link! :D

They look nice...albeit pricey. I'll have to give this some thought. I've kinda got a spending limit on Jeep upgrades...

Yeah...those OEM "Rock Rails" took a beating on my first trail ride. (Before lift.) I bottomed out numerous times on that run too, though it seems I avoided any serious damage.

They will be replaced later this year with something more "serious." Just haven't decided what yet. (And this contributes to that spending limit also... :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! :D

They look nice...albeit pricey. I'll have to give this some thought. I've kinda got a spending limit on Jeep upgrades...

Yeah...those OEM "Rock Rails" took a beating on my first trail ride. (Before lift.) I bottom out numerous times on that run too, though it seems I avoided any serious damage.

They will be replaced later this year with something more "serious." Just haven't decided what yet. (And this contributes to that spending limit also... :rolleyes: )

Doh ... don't look at the prices ... those are Canadian $$$. They find out how much Americans will pay for stuff and then add 50-100% and that's what we pay ....:D

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(dropmouth) very nice KJ!!!, Not gonna lie, from the front/side view it looks good! But from the rear of a KJ I cannot stand the look. I feel even a stock KJ should have spacers to give it a wider stance, but I like an aggressive look.

Latest posts

Members online