Wheel Spacers with no lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mobjob

Reaction score
I just replaced my suspension with front and rear and added a 1/4" spacer plate on the front coils, so my jeep is sitting at stock ride height plus about 1/2" in front.

Has anybody run 1.25" spidertrax at stock ride height with 245/70r16 tires? I bought the wheel spacers but don't want to install them if I'm going to rub, and I don't really want to do the pinch weld mod.

Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just replaced my suspension with front and rear and added a 1/4" spacer plate on the front coils, so my jeep is sitting at stock ride height plus about 1/2" in front.

Has anybody run 1.25" spidertrax at stock ride height with 245/70r16 tires? I bought the wheel spacers but don't want to install them if I'm going to rub, and I don't really want to do the pinch weld mod.

Thanks!

More than likely you will still rub. So you are sitting at 19.5 inches in front ?
But it will depend on what wheels, what tires, etc.
Should of just done OME suspension and been done

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought the spacers already, put them on and see if they rub. If not, then good to go. If so, then then modify where it's hitting or remove the spacers. As Tommudd said, it'll depend on wheels, tires, etc.

mobjob

Reaction score
I know im odd, but i dont really want a lift. Im at 19.5 front with 245/70r15 cooper discoverers and stock wheels. Id install them but then i cant return them! Maybe ill fall to the temptation - just wondered if anybody's done it successfully.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know im odd, but i dont really want a lift. Im at 19.5 front with 245/70r15 cooper discoverers and stock wheels. Id install them but then i cant return them! Maybe ill fall to the temptation - just wondered if anybody's done it successfully.

The tires will fit with stock wheels, sell the spacers somewhere
spacers are crap anyways in my book , more issues than they are worth

mobjob

Reaction score
Aceofspades - did you do bang the pinchweld down?

I know the spacers are controversial, but i think id like the wider stance. Ive been running the tires for a while now no problem, even with the older sagging suspension

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run spiders on both vehicles before and after lift stock rims and tires. I only increased to 245

The front liner rubbed a bit. The pinch weld in the back rubbed the most.
I didn’t hammer down because both were going to be lifted.
If I was staying stock - I would recommend addressing that

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try them out.... doesn't take long... easy to undo if it rubs too much. Brings the tires out flush with the flares. Never had issues with bolt-on spacers. You'll probably want to do the pinch weld mod. On the '04 parts KJ we got, the fender liners are worn through over the pinch welds.... and thats stock tires with stock/sagged suspension.

Ours got 2" lift initially and never going back. That way I can stick with normal truck-sized tires for everything.