Wheel spacers w/o longer wheel studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the thickest wheel spacer I can run without longer wheel studs? I have 255/70/16 general at2 on the stock wheels, they barely rub the arms on the front suspension so I'm looking for more space. 1/4 inch?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the thickest wheel spacer I can run without longer wheel studs? I have 255/70/16 general at2 on the stock wheels, they barely rub the arms on the front suspension so I'm looking for more space. 1/4 inch?

I would never recommend those 1/8th and 1/4 inch spacers at all without doing longer studs which is a pain. Plus a lot of those thinner ones are made very cheap and do crack when torqued down.
Others may have a different view but coming from a tire and auto service background I don't think they are a good option

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bummer.
was looking at some of the machined spacers anyways, not the cast.
sorry in the wrong sub forum too

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 1.25" spacers on the KJ, and 2" ones on my Dodge cummins truck. They do the job.

However, I regularly take my wheels off for rotations and brake checks.... so they get checked regularly for proper torque.

Latest posts

Members online