Wheel Hub R&L question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehenya

Reaction score
Here's the scoop, I ordered new Timken hub HA599455L. I was watching the tracking info, and disassembled the KJ the day it was set to arrive. When it came, I had everything apart, ready to slap on the new one...WELL they sent me the RIGHT side and I needed the LEFT. I googled the part number and found a Timken description, specs look the same between R/L....anyone know of a reason they wouldnt be interchangeable?
Thanks!!

mikehenya

Reaction score
the only thing I can think of is if they had ABS they might be different from one side to the other.

Well, it has ABS but I didn't see a difference in anything. The cable connector end looked the same, bolt holes on the hub lined up. Figured the cable might be a bit longer or route different, but I gave it a shot. Drove it about 50 miles so far, no issue yet. My only concern is this is my 17 year old daughters Lib so I am a little tense about it :freak3:. I am going to put another 100 miles on it before I give it back to her. Cruise is working good so far and my cheapo Mac scanner doesn't read any codes pending ABS codes. I bought it wrecked, so the only reason I am replacing it is to fix the torn cable, broken stud etc on the old one anyhow.

Last edited:

mikehenya

Reaction score
Well, in case this helps anyone later, drove about 25 more miles this afternoon with cruise on and no ill effects! The wiring did sort of flip to the inner side from where I routed it, but I had anticipated that from the way it looked earlier. It's not anywhere it's going to rub though. Looks like it's going to work. I thought it may have routed a little different than the original, I wish I had taken pictures before I removed it. Sorry...

Members online