What's your average gas mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what everybody is getting in gas mileage ............ I'm hearing these nightmare stories about gas mileage.

In the city, I'm averaging about 15.5 mpg
On the highway, I'm averaging around 24.5 mpg

And I haven't done jack to the vehicle .......... completely stock.

One thing that I do when I want to check my highway mpg average is to make sure that the minute I'm at highway speed (after the entrance ramp), on a long trip is to reset the mpg calculator. Sometimes I have to push it 3 to 4 times before it resets to a high value, then I let it winde down from there to settle at somewhere around 24.

Also, one thing I noticed is that once you get over about 68 mile per hour, the mileage begins to tank really really fast.

What are you guys getting for City/Hwy?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well combined I'm getting 16 right now. Not sure of city/highway

2003KJ

Reaction score
City driving lately has been around 17-18..sometimes a little higher. I've been doing alot of highway travel recently and that's giving me about 21-22....this is on a stock 3.7 automatic 4x4.

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to be getting somewhere in the low 20s with mixed city/highway driving. I hope my good luck continues when the engine is fully broken in.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My evic says 17.1 ever since I resetted it recently.. but I know i am getting about 15 mpg tops.

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
My evic says 17.1 ever since I resetted it recently.. but I know i am getting about 15 mpg tops.

Hey man,

That picture of you liberty .............. is that at Yankee Stadium?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, roof of a supermarket.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17 city 20 hgwy at 65 mph =D> i am happy with the mileage i came from a rodeo that got 11 in the city. smashfreakB.gif

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting around 15-16 in the city, and when i do highway driving its usually around 20. I can have a heavy foot at times

iluvmyliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 19.9 always! No matter if I drive good or bad I can't break 20. I drive city and highway about the same amount.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah always with the guys in the 13-15 range depending on my driving style with an 02. NEED TUNE UP BADLY! ](*,)

jgp1843

Reaction score
I have 4300 miles on my dead stock 2006 Liberty (6-speed), and my mileage is fine. It has improved steadily since new, and seems to have stabilized now. I check mileage every tankful as a check on how my cars are running, and over the last 875 miles, about 70 % two-lane highway, 20% washboard dirt (third gear), and 10 % downtown Denver, I averaged 22.0 MPG. This includes a 3% odometer correction for the stock tires, which make the speedo/odo read about 3% faster/longer than true mileage. It's also on roads varying from 7000 to 12,000 feet elevation. I sure can't complain about that.

On the other hand, when I head out on the trails in my area, the MPG trakes a dive and seems to run about 12 MPG high range, 8 MPG low range, which is really pretty good, and pretty much the same as my Toyota pickup and the Amigo I used th have - which makes sense, since they are all geared about the same, same diameter tires, and similar weights.

Anyhow, long story short, I'm very pleased with my mileage.

Jim P.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my driving is mixed city/highway, and I average about 19.5mpg doing that. I did take a highway trip last week, and I got 22mpg, with a passenger, car load of stuff, and running the A/C the whole time.