Whats under the chrome door strips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottg

Reaction score
I have an 2005 limited, and I was wondering whats under the chrome strips on the door. Was looking to remove them and go without, but are there mounting holes? I've seen some come with grey textured strips instead, but I don't want to buy different ones.

Thanks for any help

Scottg

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't like the chrome, easiest thing to do would to paint over it or plasti-dip it

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd agree with Tom. You could do the whole job in half an hour and for a $5 can of Plasti Dip. If you don't like it later, just peel it off.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe behind it you will find clips and then holes for the clips to sit in. I do not believe they are just stuck on. I would take them off, color match to the car (many sites/shops offer paint code matching sprays). Or paint them with plastidip, scuff them up and do a neutral tone, or go full bore and bring them to a body shop for paint matching.