What's missing from your KJ that the build sheet says it has?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today while I was looking through the build sheets of my Libertys I noticed some stuff that was missing when I got them (some of them I expected like floor mats) It got me thinking, so post up what was not on your KJ when you bought it but shows up on the build sheet. Here are mine:

2002 Sport:

MOPAR Bright Door Sills
Cloth Sun Visors w/Illum Mirror

2002 Renegade:

Cloth Door Trim Panel w/Map Pocket
Spare Tire Cover
Tubular Side Steps

2003 Limited:

Smoker's Group
Front & Rear Floor Mats
Removable Ash Tray

2004 Sport:

Front & Rear Floor Mats

Last edited by a moderator:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What about...what's missing on your KJ that the build sheet says it has?

Front plate bracket. :( I wanted to put my KJ front plate on it.

KingMick217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Renegade

The factory rock sliders
The light covers for the upper lights
The six disc changer head unit (was under back seat)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine says there is suppose to be $348,000 in a vinyl bag
have never found it yet:shrug:

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was just missing the cloth seats which id rather not have because they are stain magnets and the floor mats were gone

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hold on, do you guys mean what is missing from your KJ vs. the build sheet or what did the previous owners not include / switch out in the used vehicle purchase?

I've never had any of these issues HOWEVER I know of someone who was supposed to have a 45RFE but ended up with a 42RLE. :)

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago, I worked at a stealership that remove things like mats and such, then try to sell them as a "dealer installed" option... even though they were listed as included on the window sticker.

It was also fairly common, at least at this dealer, to remove accessories from one unsold vehicle and put them on another, just to close a deal.

I know that's what happened when we bought our Libby... my wife wanted a CD changer, so they threw one in. They just had one taken out of another Libby parked on the line. I just wonder if they ever replaced it, or tried to "sell" the buyer, a replacement for the one they gave us...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago, I worked at a stealership that remove things like mats and such, then try to sell them as a "dealer installed" option... even though they were listed as included on the window sticker.

It was also fairly common, at least at this dealer, to remove accessories from one unsold vehicle and put them on another, just to close a deal.

I know that's what happened when we bought our Libby... my wife wanted a CD changer, so they threw one in. They just had one taken out of another Libby parked on the line. I just wonder if they ever replaced it, or tried to "sell" the buyer, a replacement for the one they gave us...

Same here. I ******* about floor mats and they wouldn't toss them in for free. When I picked up the vehicle, the sales guy opens the door and says "notice the mats? I 'located' some in another vehicle".

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

Missing the Infinity Audio System, Floor Mats, Aluminum Wheels were also gone (we freaked out and they where given to us). Gotta love Stealerships, They wouldn't give us the Build sheet we had to go to another Stealer and get them to tell us what was missing.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine says there is suppose to be $348,000 in a vinyl bag
have never found it yet:shrug:

It was in mine.....you want the empty bag back?.....haha
--------------
Anything bought new should pretty much be all there.

Anything bought used needs to be checked real close. Either the prior owner could change things or even some unscrupulous dealers switching stuff around like some mentioned I guess.

When I got mine I didn't get a build sheet before I purchased it but being new it had a window sticker with equipment listed on it and I went by that. I got the build sheet afterwards.

This is a good thread showing that stuff can be missing and it shows that you have to check everything I guess weather you are getting it from a dealer or private party.

Dave

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was only missing floor mats but I didn't even think to ask at the time (first time buying a vehicle). I've since bought OEM ones but aside from the mats, everything was there that should have been.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was only missing floor mats but I didn't even think to ask at the time (first time buying a vehicle). I've since bought OEM ones but aside from the mats, everything was there that should have been.

You are missing your OEM off-road light covers, at least when I saw your jeep last.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did the dealer prep on my KJ,the only time I ever drove it with the stock tires on it,but I know I got everything that was supposed to be there.