What's missing from your KJ that the build sheet says it has?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to come with those? I must have missed that in my build sheet then. Good catch!

They are not on my buildsheet either and was wondering if they came with all Renes or just the ones that were sold in states that required them, like VA for instance (although I don't know where my Renegade was originally destined for as it doesn't say on the build sheet but I am pretty sure it didn't come from VA as it doesn't have the front plate bracket)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not on my buildsheet either and was wondering if they came with all Renes or just the ones that were sold in states that required them, like VA for instance (although I don't know where my Renegade was originally destined for as it doesn't say on the build sheet but I am pretty sure it didn't come from VA as it doesn't have the front plate bracket)

That is a good point. The Renne's in NY that I have seen have the covers. I can't say about the other States though.

Dave

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im missing the storage net, keyless entry key >:| 600 amp battry(stealership gave me a dead one). I know now that 2005s didnt come with the upper windshield molding, but I convinced the dealer to get one for me and I would buy it. He called the window guy and he said he had to replace the whole windshield to get the molding put on, which he did. The windshield was cracked anyway, but I got a new windshield, and a top rubber molding. Anyone else with 2005s have a top rubber windshield molding?

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is what I got when it got replaced. Thats the piece that was missing, Im not sure if other 2005s are missing that same piece because I never had seen another 2005 personally. Dont get mad if Im wrong :p
You must be registered for see images attach

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my '05 Renegade since new and it does not have that wee strip of rubber across the top of the windshield. Got a part number? Was it an addition during the windshield replacement? I don't think I've seen that rubber on any other KJ. Cool.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the dealership did it. This is what they told me, we went to replace the rubber piece and they said the only way to do it was to get a whole new windshield. I said oh ok, thanks, heres the money. So Im guessing that you would have to get a whole new windshield for the rubber piece. The windshield it had on it was all cracked in the top corners anyway, so I got a good deal. I figured that was from water sitting and freezing, but I thought it was strange when I found out later that no 2005s had it. Mabye mine is a one-of-a-kind now :smokin: