Whats leaking on your kj?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine leaks pure awesomeness everywhere it goes. :pimp:

(Bought it used last May with 42,000 miles on it; So far, so good.) ;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is not a leak.....yours is just "marking it's territory".....:icon_mrgreen:

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaks petrol. As far as I can tell, it's coming out of the fuel tank, into the lines and thru the fuel pump into the throttle bodies and injectors.
I have to keep checking and refilling the tank, but I'm told that it's normal:think:

All my other leaks (front diff, steering rack) have been fixed once they are noticed.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not hard to find the front gears. heck I have an extra set of fronts in the garage right now, we just installed a used low mileage factory front and rear 4.10 diffs in TwoBobsKJs on Thursday. They are still out there.
If I took all of the spare parts/ tools/ heavy skids, bumpers etc off of mine it may get another 5 mpg :icon_rolleyes::waytogo:

Just confirmed that my front main seal is leaking and it's probably my fault. I replaced all the gaskets when i swapped in the new engine and was very careful with all of them - except the front main seal. I just slid the timing cover over the crank and buttoned it up. Should have been more careful and taken my time - now I'm going to have to replace it in the near future.

I don't like oil dripping onto my new 4.10 front diff :happy107:

Bob

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 Sport 105K

Front pinion - Fixed
Rear pinion - Fixed
Water pump - Fixed
Radiator - New one on the way
Power Steering Rack - Tried to fix with a Lucas additive. The leak stopped but the now the pump wines when its below 40 degrees until fluid warms up
Transmission Pan - will do a fluid and filter change in the spring.

Whats never leaked? Oil, Fuel, and Refrigerant. Kind of ridiculous now that you got me thinking about it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

You'll never be able to come to my place then.......................
I mean both of them in one driveway would be way to much awesomeness for any one area to handle :think:

eddiekimberly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaking coolant that apparently is coming from behind the bellhousing, per my stepson, cuz I can't get my fat ass under there to really see if for myself. Guess I blew out a freeze plug. Going to put it in the shop ina few minutes so I can get it off the ground in a bit and start work tomorrow. I just did a top end rebuild and replaced the timing gaskets and all that jive, but don't think its leaking from there.