What's growling at me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's growling at me from behind the glove compartment? Something is kicking on and off every three seconds. Blower?

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You have angered the badger! :happy175:

It's hard to say, you can pop off the glove box by opening it and then pressing in on the sides to release the tabs. This will cause it to fold all the way down, at which point you can slide it to one side and it will pop off the hinge.

Pretty much all the AC/Climate Control is behind there, so it's a good bet it's related to that.

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put offerings in the glove box. It pleases the jeep god and might stop growling at you lmao Chocolate usually works for a growling woman, try that lol

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put offerings in the glove box. It pleases the jeep god and might stop growling at you lmao Chocolate usually works for a growling woman, try that lol

What if Jeep is not a woman? Maybe throw some whiskey and wrenches in just to be sure.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely is a dry shaft bushing on the fan motor. If it ain't too hard to remove a shot of spray oil sometimes quietens them for a while. If it requires an engineering degree to remove replace the damn thing.

Bob

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the sound has now gone away. I'm thinking it did have something to do with the AC system. The AC system in this KJ requires a recharge every 3 months because it leaks out. I tried the AC yesterday and it just blows warm air now. I'll have to wait until next summers recharge to see if the growling comes back.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Druggie squirrel likes to chill out. Growling is a withdrawl symptom. Consider a new squirrel?