Whats better, clevis or strut spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMF454

Reaction score
Ok I've been looking and don't understand the difference between a clevis lift (with some cheap a$$ conduit nuts) and the strut spacers (that are cut to fit)? I'm looking at the Rustys coil lift and see many people put clevis lifts on as well. Will it do the same thing if I put these spacers in?http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ys&Product_Code=KJSP&Category_Code=sus_kj_kit This is what I'm looking at, are these any different than a clevis lift?

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strut plates are on top the strut, clevis lift on the bottom between the strut and the fork/clevis that the CVs run through.

BMF454

Reaction score
Yes, I understand where they both go but what's the difference. Do they both achieve the same thing? Just to add a little more lift to compensate for sagging or a heavy front bumper, right?

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither will compensate for sagging or a heavy bumper. You're just changing the height of the problem, they both simply give additional lift, nothing more.

BMF454

Reaction score
OK so I have searched the web and most people say anything over the 2.5" lift will cause premature CV wear. They say anything over 2.5" puts the CV's at too much of an angle. So why are alot of people adding clevis spacers on top of the 2.5". Has anyone had any problems with CV's wearing out because of too much lift?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I have searched the web and most people say anything over the 2.5" lift will cause premature CV wear. They say anything over 2.5" puts the CV's at too much of an angle. So why are alot of people adding clevis spacers on top of the 2.5". Has anyone had any problems with CV's wearing out because of too much lift?

People have CV's going out with no lift and 2.5" lifts. When you start pushing the envelope to 3.25" it puts more stress on parts and they just wear out quicker.