what tools needed for lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know off hand what size sockets and wrenches I will need for installing a lift? My keys for my toolbox are at work and I really don't want to drive and hour and a half one way just for a key so I'm gonna run to auto zone and pick up a few sockets and wrenches to get everything apart. Main ones I need to know are ball joint nut, strut fork bottom bolt and top bolt and sway bar. If anybody knows these sizes I'd really appreciate it

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the list that I used. There may be a few things missing, but it's a start.

Floor Jack
Scissor or bottle jack
4 Jack Stands
Tire Iron or Impact Wrench with 3/4" Socket
10mm Socket
13mm Socket
18mm Socket
19mm Socket
13/16" Socket
5/16" Socket
12" 3/8" Extension
1/2" to 3/8" Reducer
Small 1/4" Drive Ratchet
Large 1/2" Drive Ratchet
Medium Standard Screw Driver
Long pry bar
Large metric Hammer

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pliers/ side cuts / ?? to remove cotter pins if you have any
Pretty much covers everything to remove caliper/ tie rods / sway bar / UCA etc
I never look I guess , just know from doing it so many times what it takes and never think

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And nobody mentions torque wrenches?? BTW do make sure your hammer is metric. Those SAE ones don't fit.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not totally necessary, but a cold 12-pack of adult beverage helps the parts fit together better...

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't got around to putting the lift on. Had a wonderful issue with a septic tank so my whole weekend was pretty crappy to say the least lol. Did end up getting my new tires put on and luckily under normal driving and having pounded pinch welds the 245/75's do not rub any whatsoever. Now flexed would be a different story. Do have to say though I am very impressed with how these courser mxt's ride.