What to do next...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the long process of overhauling my jeep and another issue arose. Im going to verify this tonight and post some measurements, but I think my kj is leaning to the right and possibly causing a heavy pull on the steering. (Any ideas as to a heavy right pull untill about 60mph where it lightens slightly?) So my issue is, I dont know what to dump money into next.
The list of things to come includes:
1.5"-2.5" lift (not sure on hight yet)
Mbrp catback (probably)
A f**k ton of offroad lights ($500)
Minor cosmetics ($150)
4x4 conversion ($$$$$$)
hood louvers
Oil pressure and voltometer cluster
New steel front bumper
What should I do next and any other suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the long process of overhauling my jeep and another issue arose. Im going to verify this tonight and post some measurements, but I think my kj is leaning to the right and possibly causing a heavy pull on the steering. (Any ideas as to a heavy right pull untill about 60mph where it lightens slightly?) So my issue is, I dont know what to dump money into next.
The list of things to come includes:
1.5"-2.5" lift (not sure on hight yet)
Mbrp catback (probably)
A f**k ton of offroad lights ($500)
Minor cosmetics ($150)
4x4 conversion ($$$$$$)
hood louvers
Oil pressure and voltometer cluster
New steel front bumper
What should I do next and any other suggestions?

Well first things first. Start with figuring out that pull! Do the rotors heat up excessively on the right? Check parking brake as well. Also tire pressures and alignment. After that I'd say skid plates/lift. If you plan on a steel bumper in the near future make sure you get the right front springs.

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Will definitely work on finding the cause of the pull this week. I didnt think of the front brakes. hope i can fishout the issue soon. Thank you.
as for after that is resolved what should I do...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Start with a realistic plan and know what your intended purposes are for yours in the end.
While some items on your list affect others you need to know where you are going before you start. For instance if aftermarket bumper then lift has to be planned accordingly. 500 dollars for a ton of off road light means you're buying Walmart type cheap lights and not anything that will last.
Its not 4 wheel drive so there lies a lot of work
No mention of skid plates etc

So again start with repairing whats wrong and then set a realistic plan in place to build your dream ride

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By a ton I mean good quality front driving lights (KC/PIAA) and then cheap ones for reverse lights ect (hella). And should I do the lift before or after the front diff and axle install? Also thank you for the advice. Im building a plan by doing research and asking advice, thats why I made this post ;)

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked fender heights and the front it pretty close to level and the back passenger side is sagging about 1/4in opposed to the other. Not as bad as I thought. Must have been an optical allusion.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By a ton I mean good quality front driving lights (KC/PIAA) and then cheap ones for reverse lights ect (hella). And should I do the lift before or after the front diff and axle install? Also thank you for the advice. Im building a plan by doing research and asking advice, thats why I made this post ;)

So your going to only be able to afford 1 pair of lights? Then a cheaper set facing backwards.If you want quality $500 doesn't buy much in the world of offroad lights.

As far as the pull start eliminating the easy stuff 1st.Swap the front 2 tires side to side.If it pulls left you have a radial pull(IE bad tires).If it still pulls to the right get the alignment checked,get a print out as that will tell you a lot of what is going on.

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
heres the lights im looking at. I might get some piaa driving lights (hi/low beam ones) instead of the apollos. The cheap ones are $12 hellas.
As for the wheels I will rotate them tomorrow and see if the issue persists.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(yeahthat) I got those myself (about 100 posts into the thread). When I back out of a parking space it's fun to watch people on the sidewalk run in terror - they think I'm coming right at them. :roflsquared:

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about some side lights on my roof rack? Any opinions? And I kinda want external back up lights but ill probably do those as well :p

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If you look about 35 posts in to the thread in my sig you'll find a nice little discussion of lights I have considered. More power to those who can afford them, but I plan to go with a more budget-minded approach. At least when I scrape them off under a low hanging tree limb I won't cry as much. ;)

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info there. Thanks. And I'm wanting low budget because I'm in college thus broke. I think im going to start a progress thread like you (profdlp).

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If still in college may I suggest you just do small things for now, and plan out the larger upgrades that you want to do for after you graduate and have more money.

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will start with the small things, and probably lift it since my suspension is on the fritz anyway. The 4x4 might have to wait for a while.

kavno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at ome and I will look at iron man. I will definitely research from that page Thanks