WHAT THE #$%* is that rattling?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a rattling going on in the interior of my Jeep. I actually figured out where it is. Just not what exactly it is or why it's happening. My Jeep makes a rattling noise near the passenger seat when something as simple as the bass shakes it (nonetheless the bumps on the road...). I figured out that it stops or is muffled if I press in the piece of plastic that covers where the air bag is. So that figures out WHERE it is.

Question is: What is it, can it be fixed and, if it can be, how?!?!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe one of your fenders. My left rear fender rattled but only with the music on! Replaced a couple of retainers and it don't rattle no mo'

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe one of your fenders. My left rear fender rattled but only with the music on! Replaced a couple of retainers and it don't rattle no mo'

Nah I've figured out that it's strictly interior. Although that wouldn't surprise me either.

liberty74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pull the little trim piece above the glove box there is 3 bolts under there. Maybe they are loose.

tksautos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can remove the handle just above the glove box by prying off the little covers with a flat head screwdriver. The cover removes pretty easily with a few screws. I dont remember if you have to remove the top defroster vent cover but if so, its easy that is just some snap in prongs. Anyhow, removing the cover for the airbag is no big deal. dont be scared as it is not attached to the airbag, your not going to deploy the airbags or anything by accident. I would remove that handle and take the cover of and then drive it around and see if that helps you see whats rattling. I removed a passenger airbag and there is a lot of little bolts and stuff in there that could be rattling. My guess though is something like an air duct or something. GOOD LUCK

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
or just get someone in the passenger seat, run into a block wall, after it comes back out of the body shop maybe no more rattle

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a rattle somewhere in the rear hatch for a few days. It was driving me nuts, turns out it was some built-up ice on the rear wiper shaking against the hatch:pp:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife never puts the passenger side seatbelt back properly - it kinda sits on the side of the seat, and then it rattles on the trim. Check that. Drives me nuts, rattles like hell until I get to a stoplight and reach over to pull it back over the seat.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife never puts the passenger side seatbelt back properly - it kinda sits on the side of the seat, and then it rattles on the trim. Check that. Drives me nuts, rattles like hell until I get to a stoplight and reach over to pull it back over the seat.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!!

It kills me when she leaves it that way. Anytime someone exits the Jeep, I reach over and fix it.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i get that too but in the right rear somehow.

SOLUTION**** put bass boost on 2 and sub level up to 15 = becoming temporarily deaf and anonymous to the noise :Rock on: :Rock on: :Rock on: