What sizes will fit/won't rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bogger=fail.

at what?
road ride, yeah
long life, yup
off road ,they are king
remember I ran LTB's on my TJ for a while and the bogger is better off road
and ***** more on road
I have yet to find a hill I could not climb with my LTB's that some one with
MTR's ,old style, could
even guys with 37" tall MTR's had trouble where me and another guy with 31" tall LTB's went right up
all things as close to equal as you could get
all were locked front and rear all were properly geared for the engine
weight and tire size

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
at what?
road ride, yeah
long life, yup

For somebody like ThunderbirdJunkie who puts 20+ thousand miles on his rig a year, yes, the boggers=epic fail. Don't feel like burning up two sets every 12 months.
Firestone Destination A/T 245/65R17 are 155.99 $CDN a tire which is very reasonable. I ain't paying 200$+ for Michelin or BFGoodrich that's for sure.

YGWYPF. Michelin AT2s or BFG ATs will LONG outlast those Firestones no problemo, and do better in the snow, not to mention provide far better wet traction.

Granted, this is coming from somebody whose tires are going to cost $900+ with an employee discount...So, if you want to put junk on your nice shiny Jeep, be ThunderbirdJunkie's guest...it ain't his ride home, and you're a long long distance from being anywhere that ThunderbirdJunkie would be concerned with you hitting him during a torrential downpour.

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For somebody like ThunderbirdJunkie who puts 20+ thousand miles on his rig a year, yes, the boggers=epic fail. Don't feel like burning up two sets every 12 months.

way off
20K a year = 1 set every 15-18 months
this considering that I got 25K out of the ones on my TJ and they could have easily gone longer
and dont bring up weight
my TJ tipped the scales at 4500# on a daily basis and that was before my 200# **** and extras for trail rides

if you drive that kind of milage it would seem to me that nothing but some very hard highway ribbed tires would be a good choice