What sizes will fit/won't rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look a whole lot different(compared to my Wrangler HPs 235/65R17), but if they improve stability and don't rub at all, then great I'll get that size(245/65R17).

Firestone Destination A/T 245/65R17 are 155.99 $CDN a tire which is very reasonable. I ain't paying 200$+ for Michelin or BFGoodrich that's for sure.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Doesn't look a whole lot different(compared to my Wrangler HPs 235/65R17), but if they improve stability and don't rub at all, then great I'll get that size(245/65R17).

Firestone Destination A/T 245/65R17 are 155.99 $CDN a tire which is very reasonable. I ain't paying 200$+ for Michelin or BFGoodrich that's for sure.
The difference IN PERSON is amazing, especially if you get a nice rugged looking white letter tire. :)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference IN PERSON is amazing, especially if you get a nice rugged looking white letter tire. :)

Like the Destination A/T OWL? drive.gif

Well if you guys are sure sure that 245/65R17 won't rub then I'll go with that size. I am leaning towards the Firestones, but I am still open to suggestions.

Oh, will going from 235 to 245 affect fuel economy?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Like the Destination A/T OWL? drive.gif

Well if you guys are sure sure that 245/65R17 won't rub then I'll go with that size. I am leaning towards the Firestones, but I am still open to suggestions.

Oh, will going from 235 to 245 affect fuel economy?

The Fireston Destinations are a good looking tire, they would suit you the best for your driving conditions here in the city and out on the trail.

Gas mileage would be affected very much, probably wouldn't even notice it.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Fireston Destinations are a good looking tire, they would suit you the best for your driving conditions here in the city and out on the trail.
Great! Well I am planning on buying new tires sometime in October so I still have sometime to shop, but the Firestones are inexpensive, are one of the highest rated light truck tires on tirerack and they have A/T in the name which will satisfy the Quebec government. Can't get any better imo. Still open to suggestions though;)

Gas mileage wouldN'T be affected very much, probably wouldn't even notice it.
Is that what you meant?:p

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Great! Well I am planning on buying new tires sometime in October so I still have sometime to shop, but the Firestones are inexpensive, are one of the highest rated light truck tires on tirerack and they have A/T in the name which will satisfy the Quebec government. Can't get any better imo. Still open to suggestions though;)

Is that what you meant?:p

Yes...thank you.:)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires? Thing is...it doesn't say A/T on the tire itself...or perhaps it does in fine lettering?

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Nokian Viiviva A/T tires? Thing is...it doesn't say A/T on the tire itself...or perhaps it does in fine lettering?

Hyedipen on here has them I believe. The tread is similar to the Dueler AT Revo....

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
There is only one BF Goodrich All Terrain KO, ThunderbirdJunkie would stay with the stock size of 235/65-17.

Just TBJHO

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll probably end up with these, 235/65/17

They also come in 245/65/17 and 245/70/17..

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been a very constructive back and forth! Thanks all(biggthumpup)

I will likely go with the Destination A/Ts...still not 100% sure on the whole 235 vs 245 thing though.:-k

texasman1383

Reaction score
I have an 02 kj lookin at gettin a O.M.E lift. Guys at JBA say i'll be able to 235/85/R16 if I hammer that pinch weld flat. With little or no rubbing so.... you may want to consider switching to 16s larger sidewall for crawling.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I roll 235/85R16 in the greatest tire conceived by mankind on stock wheels. Lift, pinch welded and still rub on the sway bar at full turn. Non-aggressive girly tires may not rub though.

texasman1383

Reaction score
I have a 02. One thing I have been told by the people at JBA is if you flatten that pinch weld in the front fenders with 3" of lift you can fit 235/85/R16 so you may want to get a set of 16's.

texasman1383

Reaction score
I roll 235/85R16 in the greatest tire conceived by mankind on stock wheels. Lift, pinch welded and still rub on the sway bar at full turn. Non-aggressive girly tires may not rub though.

I plan on running pro comp all-terrains. Think they will rub even with the lift. Dont know if it matter but also getting tubular uca's.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Super Swamper Boggers ? Didn't know they made 235/85/16 :D