What lift kit is the best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin71900

Reaction score
I’m trying to find a lift kit for my kj but idk what to get I seen a lot of people have the Jba lift kit and that what I’d like but it seems the stopped selling them because I can’t find them anywhere online, so what would be the next best lift kit

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old Man Emu is the best kit available now, with springs and shocks. You can use Bilstein shocks with OME springs if you want because they are also good. You’ll need Teraflex extended bump stops in the front and to bolt 2 hockey pucks down to the rear spring perch on each side as bump stops. The OME kit is advertised as 1.5” lift, but actually gets you 2.5” in the real world. Stick with OME and don’t be tempted by spacer lifts from any company. Do it right the first time to avoid poor handling and problems.

What year is your Liberty? The part numbers are different for the 02-07 KJ and the 08-12 KK. You’re in the KK section but mentioned you had a KJ, so wanted to confirm.

Colin71900

Reaction score
2005 Jeep Liberty limited, I went on old man emu’s website and I didn’t see anything for libertys so where would I find those springs?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Search Tommudd’s posts here for the exact part numbers. He has posted them numerous times on different lifting threads, so you should be good. You want the KJ version, not the KK. OME products are available on Amazon, but also at All J’s (http://www.boulderbars.com/). All J’s has supported the KJ community for years.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is cool. I see All J’s now carries OME lifts for KK too. Awesome! I will have to recommend them now on the KK side. :)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could get the OME lift up to 3” with JBA upper control arms & a clevis lift in the front and a pair of extra upper spring isolators in the rear. But you can’t get a good alignment over 2.5” without JBA UCA’s. It’s a great upgrade though because it gives you greasable, replaceable and rebuildable upper ball joints. But then of course with a 3 inch lift you’ll want larger tires and that means a regear of the differentials... it’s a slippery slope, lol. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

chrisspeed321

Reaction score
I am checking this thread to find out which lift kit to install on my Liberty. What size do I need to take into consideration? What make should I look at? I go through the options at 4wheelonline, as I plan to purchase my suspension kit from this shop.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME springs 927 front and 948 rear
with either OME shocks or Bilstein , stock ones in front
rear extended can provide numbers

Latest posts

Members online