What Free Photos Sites Work Well Now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What alternatives beside photobucket are recommended? Flickr?
The Ole "IMG" tag is normally what I use, but PB server is unreliable and extremely slow to load/upload if and when it even works/refreshes.
PB even likes to corrupt pics with error messages, it is ridiculous.
Please recommend free sites that are not bogged down like PB-Thanks! :help:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I have been using Photobucket for many years, and have yet to encounter any problems. Maybe using the new mobile devices are the issue? I use a simple laptop and it always seems to work as expected in my case.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No not mobile, desktop or notebook here both suffer the PB broken problems, just slow server response times, during prime times++!~
In my recent Casper photo post LINK-, http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/interior-lighting-issue-59986/
The photo worked yesterday, and today error message and no image. Then I go into PB where the pic was and shows my pic, but when I click on it an error message!
I've seen this activity before when PB server is screwed up.
I post a lot to the forums w/ photos and I am pretty much done with PB here.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... another forum people are also complaining, might be something wrong with their servers...

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a look at some of the older threads here, especially those you know are picture heavy. You will see what image hosts you shouldn't use. Lots of errors from all the major image hosts.

You must be registered for see images

As a user, most people don't see a problem. But those people forget about their old images and believe the hype those free service providers spewed to get you to sign up. Truth is, the host wants you to be a paying customer, not a freeloader. So, they move or delete or temporarily suspend some or all of your photos if you don't generate income for them, either by becoming a paid user, or by having photos that attract people who click ads.

As a forum owner, I hate those free image hosts... a LOT. My sites exist to help people. Topics that help the most are those with pictures. But a lot of forum members use free image hosts and those pictures disappear after a while, leaving once helpful and entertaining discussions dull and exasperating to those seeking support about those very issues.

Most forum software has a neat little feature that allows members to upload images and share them in their posts. A good forum owner will continue to add more drive space and bandwidth allowance so their members will never run out of room for more pictures. And those pictures will illustrate their posts until the end of time - or the end of the website anyway.

JeepKJ.com has such a feature. If you don't have your own domain, where you can host your own photos forever, then the best host for your Jeep related photos is right here on the Jeep Liberty Forum. I host my own photos because I have made plans for them to live on even after I finally kick the bucket. Most people don't make those kind of plans, so you should take advantage of JeepKJ's upload feature.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. :D

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the forums I have been a member of recommend the exact opposite, they want you to use the free service providers to avoid overwhelming their forums. If the admins here also prefer we upload, I am good with that (much easer for me).

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the forums I have been a member of recommend the exact opposite, they want you to use the free service providers to avoid overwhelming their forums.
Those cheap bas***** shouldn't be in the forum business. No concept of customer service and no future vision. Ad revenue and member donations cover the cost, some even provides a profit. You don't have to stuff every dime in yer pocket.

Latest posts

Members online