What do you think of this Air Ride Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
couple of LOST members have it, not that kit since it would be for a non lifted KJ but they have airbags for hauling more etc

Simpleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an air ride system that looks very similar. I got it for the sagging rear springs. it does the job. It lifts the rear about an inch higher than stock. Very easy to install.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set on my Tahoe, best thing this side of adding extra leaf spring or using a WDH.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do they work?
Does any body know a better more reliable brand?
any photos of them installed?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love mine. I can lift it up a good 1.5in with just the air bags but then it will ride like a rock without a load. I cant stand having the rear sag down when Im hauling a trailer so I got them. Just make sure you dont get the bags for a stock liberty if you have a lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering those load-helper type airbags for towing as well. How many pounds of pressure do you end up putting in them if you got your trailer hitched up with an average load?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must keep 5 psi in them at all time since they replace your bump stops. Ive tested them off road and Ive got to keep around 15psi in them to keep the tires off of the fenders but that will vary depending on the size of your tires and such. Gotta make sure you dont bottom out the shocks too.

Max is 35psi I think but Ive never went over 30psi just to leave room for them heating up or whatever. Weve also got them in our ZJ for towing and they work great. It still has the stock suspension from 1994, holding up great! They just didnt make the zj's suspension for towing, it rides better then my kj I think..

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info! A set of those might be in my future if i get towing more.

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info! A set of those might be in my future if i get towing more.

Another option for towing is to use a weight distribution hitch. This helps to raise the rear of the tow vehicle and distribute some weight to the front of the tow vehicle. It makes towing a lot more stable and less worrisome. Just my $.02 and worth every penny:)
Bruce

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option for towing is to use a weight distribution hitch. This helps to raise the rear of the tow vehicle and distribute some weight to the front of the tow vehicle. It makes towing a lot more stable and less worrisome. Just my $.02 and worth every penny:)
Bruce

Very important point. Air bags do not replace a weight distribution hitch. If you plan on towing a lot of heavy trailers then weight distribution is a good safe way to go. I dont really plan on towing over a 3k pop-up camper so weight distribution really isnt needed.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah same here i don't need weight distribution, just want to raise the back end up a bit when i toss on 2-3k with my utility trailer.

Members online

No members online now.